PHOTO CONTEST!!????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

PHOTO CONTEST!!????

Post by chris4570 »

Last year Boo headed up a photo contest. The contest seemed to be a success, with forum members taking time to think about the images they took and portrayed.

There were some pretty decent prizes associated with the contest.

I will throw myself out there for this contest. As being the "head-honcho", if you will.

I can offer a "one of a kind" picture frame as a prize.

If anyone else is interested in this contest and can contribute/donate a prize...let's get this contest started.

The rules would be the same as last year.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I enjoyed the contest last year and really enjoyed everyones pics. I'm in for donating a groundpounder mount again this year. For which place gets it I'll let whos ever in charge decide.
Why ride when you can walk!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Thanks groundpounder!!

We've got a picture frame, and a groundpounder mount for prizes so far.

Anyone else interested??

Let's see some more great pictures!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"It CAN Be Done!"
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

sounds like a plan.
Team Dryfire
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Works for me.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Rich

Post by Rich »

The photo contest is a great thing, however, one suggestion: Open the entries to all weapons, not just crossbows.

Rich
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Rich Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:21 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The photo contest is a great thing, however, one suggestion: Open the entries to all weapons, not just crossbows.

Rich
Torn on this one. I do more than crossbow hunt. But on the other hand this is mainly a crossbow forum. I know we talk about everything on here but... I did like seeing the crossbows in the pics and I used that as part of my decission last year.
Why ride when you can walk!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I don't have a problem with the method of harvesting an animal. I say let the forum members(voters) decide which pictures are best. However in the event of there being a tie for a prize position the nod will go to a crossbow user. Sound fair?

A clean picture; no tongue hanging out, no guts or blood. Field pictures preferable. Not in the back of a vehicle, or hanging in a garage. Capture the moment. I believe last year the pics had to show a tag on the animal where required by law. This rule should remain.

Any other suggestions?? Anything I've forgotten??

"It CAN Be Done!"
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

I'm the new guy...and an avid rifle hunter....but being as this is a CROSSBOW forum, I'd think that animals taken with a CROSSBOW should be the only ones in the contest....but that's just me. I belong to rifle hunting forums, and if they do a photo contest, I won't be ticked if they say rifles only.....I also belong to a handgun hunting forum....same would apply....it's kinda what makes each forum unique.

My .02...and worth exactly what you paid for it. :)

Oh yeah, I can likely come up with a prize :)
Last edited by IAMCANADIAN on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
Big John

n

Post by Big John »

Let me know how it's going Chris and I'll see what I can do. (prize wise) :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

one reason for no prizes in the deer contest was so they could go towards this...

to me, if you are a member here you should be able to enter a picture whether its with a bow or gun..

kinda like us posting OT stuff in the hunting section;) We all get along just fine. I just like seeing it open to all. Say Rays son kills a beast with a rifle(exmaple). I'd think he should be able to enter the picture in the contest. A good pic is a good pic regardless of weapon :D

it doesnt bother me either way.. Im posting pics of anything I get with any weapon :P
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

It IS a crossbw forum... or maybe it IS a hutning forum too?

In the deer contest we are counting deer that are killed with any weapon.

Is this a dead "deer trophy photo contest" or a "trophy photo contest that can be any animal, fowl, bird or fish taken?
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

There is defintely a hunting aspect to the forum, no doubt....but looking at the site:

It's named the Excalibur Crossbow Forum.......

a forum here for our enjoyment because it's paid for by a crossbow company........

at www.excaliburcrossbow.com............

in fact, this thread is posted in the "Crossbow Hunting" section

And since I am apparently at odds with a few here anyway, I have to ask the question....what is with all the references to crossbows/Hunting rifles as a weapon?

A weapon, by it's very definition, is an object used to fight.....not an object used to hunt. A baseball bat is a baseball bat, until it's used to attack a human, then it's a weapon.

My Diemaco C8 (Colt M4) was a weapon....
My Browning Hi Power was a weapon.....
The 50 GPMG was a weapon.....
Hell, my bayonet was a weapon....but my crossbows certainly aren't "weapons"....they are tools.

JMHO
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I hunt by any method legal, but I would vote for an EXCALIBUR crossbow harvest only. I agree with IAMCANADIAN: it is a crossbow forum.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Woody: Last year the photos were predominantly deer, but included bear, turkey, and grouse among others. I recall voting for a pic other than deer. A good picture is a good picture regardless of the species harvested.

I can see both sides of the arguement as far as which tools/method is used for the contest. I think the idea last year was to promote tasteful photos that as individuals we could be proud to display. So keeping in tune with last years contest it is about the photo. With the one exception, a tie between a crossbow and another method, the prize will go to the crossbow.

So: any species legally harvested can be entered, must be taken this "fall" or winter, tag shown where applicable, hunting tool shown.

Voting will be done by forum members after the yet to be determined deadline.

"It CAN Be Done!"