PHOTO CONTEST!!????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Peach

Post by Peach »

If we had an excal only contest, perhaps the folks at excal would be a little more interested in the contest. I'm thinking the winning photo gets posted to the main excal site or in one of their brochures, along with a nice little gift (new sling, new bag...something small but appreciated)
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
gogo

Post by gogo »

what peach says makes sense to me. this is a excalibur forum. 99% of the questions pertain to excalibur products. perhaps it should be a excalibur contest. just my two cents worth
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

gogo wrote:what peach says makes sense to me. this is a excalibur forum. 99% of the questions pertain to excalibur products. perhaps it should be a excalibur contest. just my two cents worth
No.. this is a crossbow and hunting forum that is owned by Excalibur. It is not an exclusive Excalibur forum. I do not believe that Kath and Bill only want input here and nor entries from just Excalibur owners..IOW- They are not discriminatory.

If a nice photo shows up with an Excalibur photo in it and Bill wants to use it he can make a deal with the picture owner.

He has used pictures of mine in his catalog in the past.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
huntone

Post by huntone »

I really don't understand the rules. It does not make a difference to me what
the rules are, just what are they?

I've been a serious photographer for a long time. Photography has been a passion of mine since I took my first picture, over 50 years ago.

Planter.....Your picture is very good. Your picture tells a story and brings emotion to the viewer. The picture has a beautiful uncluttered background
and is technically well done.

I do not want my pictures included in the contest and if I post pictures it will
only be for the forum members to enjoy. :D
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I agree with many members that this should be a X-Bow only contest. I respect the time, effort, and money that Bill T. and company has invested to give us this outlet for learning, camaraderie, and just plain fun. We should show our appreciation by makeing this a X-Bow contest. Seems like the contests this year are dictatorships instead of what the members want.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Peach

Post by Peach »

I was not giving my opinion that it SHOULD be an excal only contest, it was just a suggestion as that was where the conversation was heading. I am fine with any picture...a personal trophy is a personal trophy, as long as you did not use a vehicle to kill it. I was merely suggesting that by making it an excal photo contest, maybe we could get excal interested in it.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

In my opinion it should be excalibur crossbow entrys only...if I kill a deer with my shotgun ill be posting pictures here but it wont be for the contest...just for our enjoyment :) .We are at the Excalibur forum so I think it would be more fitting that excal crossbows should be used for the deer contest......
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It should only count if it's taken in Virginia with an Exomax. Powerbolt, 2" blazers, and a Stricknine. The first week of October. 8)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I think that any legal hunting method should be allowed. Remember it is still up to the forum members to vote, so if you feel only crossbow hunters can contribute you can vote for those pictures. If you are on the other side of the fence you can vote for the guy/gal with a rifle or crossbow.

No one is required to participate. It is voluntary. So long as we as individuals are happy with our own pictures than we all win.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

planter wrote:It would probably be best to follow last years rules as set by Boo but I just hate for us to be exclusionary when so many others are willing to exclude us. :) I've been on other forum today defending our right to use crossbows and don't think anyone should have to defend their chose.
So let me get this straight....the very people you have been defending the use of crossbows against.....they are the ones who you want to allow in to the contest?

Sorry, I still maintain that it's a crossbow forum, it should be a crossbow contest. I KNOW I will shoot a better deer during the rifle season this year than the doe I take with my Equinox, but I also know that the doe wil be a much more challenging hunt.
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

I agree that it should be a crossbow picture. Excalibur is very very tolerant regarding this forum. they allow the sale of second hand items inclduing crossbows that could cut into their sales. They also don't chase away people who shoot other brands of bows. (I guess when you the king, it's easy not to be threatened by peasant equipment).

I think it would be in poor taste to have a picture competition on the Excalibur website that is not crossbow based. Let's pay back Excalibur for this great forum by focusing on crossbow hunting for the competition. I think it is the least we can do.

JMHO
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Well there seems to be a consensus leaning towards making this a crossbow only photo contest. Based upon this, crossbow only it is.

Not everyone will be happy with this desicion, not everyone would be happy with the other option.

It is what it is: a crossbow photo contest on a crossbow forum. Ta da!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Sounds good Chris. Put me down for a pack of 100gr Slick Tricks for a prize.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Way to take the buck by the horns Chris! Sure is good of you to offer to take on this project and offering what I'm sure will be one heck of a prize. I'm looking forward to seeing that picture frame. You do excellent work.

I'm also looking forward to seeing another round of super pictures.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Way to go Chris.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone