I am Psd OFF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

I am Psd OFF

Post by Hoss »

I need some advise...so let it rip..situation...One of my biggest pet peeves is being on time...My bud knows that and is getting worse over the past 3 years now..
I get up at 3:30 to go duck hunting he is suppose to be here at 430..NO show..calls at 4:45 and says he hit snooze to many times...

now its going to be light as we set up thats the time birds are flying..

what do i do??
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Been there done that. :( What I did was to leave without him. :o After a couple of times he got the message. Now he shows up early. Problem solved :D :D :D
I am a hunter and proud of it.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

yup leave on time fer hunt, he either makes it or he don't
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I agree , I know a few people like that . Just leave on time or when telling them the time to be there build in a buffer . If you want him there for 4:30 then tell him 4:00 . :wink:
Bambiblaster

Post by Bambiblaster »

Happened to me also.. we aggreed on a time and I told him if not there I would be leaving without. Had to leave twice now he shows up early... Guess he thought I was joking ( and this was my son)
EXCAL VORTEX
S5
VARI-ZONE
LUMINOCK FIREBOLTS
CROSS TRICKS
WYVERN QUIVER MOUNT
Treelimb 3-Arrow Quiver
Bob1961 Red Cocking Rope
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

A car pool I once belonged to had what was called a "drop dead time". Car pool left no later than the "drop dead time" no if and or buts even if a late pooler was pulling into the lot as the others were leaving. Sounds harsh but that is the way it worked and everyone was in agreement with and understanding of the rule.

From what you wrote I feel your friend is taking advantage of you.

Take care...

PS. BTW, the person most often late was Paul whose property adjoined the Church Parking lot we had permission to use. Paul even had a walking path through the woods to the lot and was still the most likely person to be last to the lot and most likely to miss the car pool altogether. Go figure?
munch

Post by munch »

hoss i refuse to car pool don't care if i have to drive or hunt a 100 miles away i drive myself and say meet me there .i worked too many years with guys needing a ride and pull up in front of there house and no lights on. one of the last P!$$ offs i had hunting i lent my brother 1 of my climbers and the 2 of us hunted an evening hunt we where going to hunt the next am so left the stands strapped to the trees for morning. well next morn guess what no brother so when i finished the morning hunt i packed my stand out then had to walk a half mile back in the bush and pack his out so it did not sprout legs .cursed all the way. can't be to nice munch
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Punctuality is a matter of respect for those who expect to do something with you at a given time. Of course, there are sometimes factors that cannot be helped, and we should be understanding and cooperative when that's the case. Aside from unforeseen and unpreventable obstructions to being on time, though, we should make every effort to arrive when we say we will.

The same goes for being too early ... we shouldn't show up much before we said we would, either.

It drives me up the wall to have someone say, "I'll see you at 4:00." ... and then I look out my window at 3:10 and see them coming, before I'm prepared for their arrival.

There are exceptions, of course, but the best practice is just to come when we say we will.

And it's reasonable to expect the same of others. :D
Grizz
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:cry: I think I would find someone else that has the passion for the sport that you have.
bucont

Post by bucont »

SPITFIRE wrote:Been there done that. :( What I did was to leave without him. :o After a couple of times he got the message. Now he shows up early. Problem solved :D :D :D
Hands down agree.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) You are right Grizz . If it is out of character for the person to be late then fine . Forgive them . :)
But it is the habitual late showing people that get people going . :shock:
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Be there on time or go without him! {On time in my world is 5 minutes early, I think that goes back to my Marine Corps days NO SNOOZE BOTTONS in that Fraternity :lol: } You snooze you LOOSE.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
DanO

Post by DanO »

All good points/ideas. Wonder if it's time to "stand" your friend up on a time. He may understand your frustration if he gets to sit for a while as he waits for you.

Easier to just go yourself, probably!

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I'm with the 'leave without him' crowd. They'll get the message.

I had a friend of mine who used to come out with me, but would get very grumpy when I told him to meet me in the mid morning hours (3:00 - 4:30 a.m., depending on where we were going) because he didn't believe that you had to get up that early at all and basically wanted to stop for breakfast, coffee and everything else along the way as well as getting his beauty sleep.

Now he complains that not only does he have no one to hunt with, but that he can't seem to kill anything on the properties he has now come into up Sarnia way through his girlfriend.

Some folks LOVE hunting...others like the idea of it and believe a harvest comes easy.
fratri

Post by fratri »

I agree if they are not consistantly on time, you need to make it clear to them that you will be gone next time, its all a matter of respect...There time is no more important then my time... Everyone is allowed one maybe two mishaps it can happen to anyone, but more than twice is just plain rude and lack of respect for me and anyone else that might be waiting...Personally I try and show 5 mins early....
"Everthing is easy when you know how"
"Food is not grown in stores"
Fratri