Scout Gaurd Trail Cameras????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Esox

Scout Gaurd Trail Cameras????

Post by Esox »

I've never heard about them and you guys know about these things, so I figured to ask the experts...

A friend of mine just got a Scout Gaurd SG550 trail camera and I was just wondering if anybody knows about or is using them?... How do they compare to the others like Cuddleback or Moultrie?... He said he paid less then $200 and had free shipping....Still pretty expensive in my mind.....
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the 200 dollar cameras are the new norms now.. a 200 dollar camera does what a 500 dollar one did 3-4 years ago.

scout guards are nice cams from the reviews out there. They normally run 199 shipped price wise for the black model. The camo is normally 229.

they are small and have IR which is nice. Bushnell came out with something just like it this season. Its the Bushnell trophy cam. Its very small and has IR. Same price. Supposedly its the same camera, just a different cover on it.

its 199.99 also and 229 for the camo

as far as being on the level with cuddeback it just depends. Cuddeback still takes the best pics ive seen as far as quality goes. But my bushnell is to shabby either. You will be happy with the SG550 though. I havent heard of many issues with them. I do reccomend you look at the trophy cam and its 2 year warranty
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I bought a Moultri spycam on sale at pro bass $69 bucks. For what I want it for it seems pretty good.

Last edited by Shotnbeer on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

one more try

perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

I have read alot of post from other hunting forum and by hands down they say they are the best camera on the market right now!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

i have a bushnell trophy ...same guts as the scout ....so comparison is simular ...battery life is great ...pic quality is great ...trigger speed is great ..set up is easy enough....colour viewer is hard to see in daylight...the camera has out lasted my new stealth cam which is back at stealth and taken about 1/2 the pics....i have heard that bushell isn't as good as scoutguard for customer service.....hope this help

here's a recent pic

Last edited by warningshot on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Thanks guys...

I'll send your comments to my friend... Sounds so good I may even order one myself... Thanks again....