Moose Hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kenny SRF

Post by Kenny SRF »

Good Luck!!!

When you drive thru my home town of Smooth Rock, wave to my friends for me!!

Were goin up opening weekend of Rifle Hunt - our group drew a bull for 27. Hope the weather co-operates for you!!
ricoh

Post by ricoh »

Good Luck to all! Three of us heading to area 19, leaving Friday one bull tag. Can't wait!

Ricoh
TECOXE

Post by TECOXE »

Looks like bad weather next week in area 27 for our moose hunt. Anybody ever have any luck hunting moose in the rain?
Kenny SRF

Post by Kenny SRF »

Hey Tecoxe - Lotsa luck hunting in the rain...

1) Bush is way quieter as far as walking goes
2) Rain keeps the scent down somewhat

Where in 27 are ya goin? We hunt behind Greenwater PP (Rifle). Havent tried bow for moose yet, but hopefully next year.
TECOXE

Post by TECOXE »

We fly in to a remote lake about 70km north of Cochrane
Pretty good area but hard walking.
Good luck to you as well.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Good luck have fun the weather is always hit and miss at opener now I go near the end of the season when there is snow on the ground and we do not worry about rain and bugs and spoiled meat :lol: plus once were on a fresh track it's game over :wink:
The best things in life are not things!!
Baycor

Post by Baycor »

I'll take rain over sun anyday!!! Rain brings them out, and covers you...perfect weather when your moose hunting....moose hunting, not walkign the block with your wife! lol

Weather for us looks awesome....highs of 8-10, lows of 1....we will get a few frosts....I can't wait to hear my call crack and echo through the forest!

Tags
Don't get me going about tags....we were forced to attempt archery (9 guys for rifle tag) so 5 of us applied as a group of 6 (short one) and we still got our bull tag. I was the tag holder last year so in pool 1 I applied alone, chose cow as first choice and got it??! Now I'm screwed again for rifle next year. A friend who hunts with us applied for a bull solo, got it...his wife, solo for a cow, got it....Total BS!!! Now we are really done for next year. Let's hope we can bag a few this year and make up for next. 2 years ago we shot a bull on our first day, cow and calf the next morning....think we can beat that? LOL All we can do is try.