Tough day for my boy...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Tough day for my boy...

Post by VixChix »

My day started with walking my boy to school for his first full day of school. He's going through a clingy phase right now so it was tough. He was fine until we got to the school yard and saw the huge mass of kids playing and yelling and the parents hanging out, some yelling at their kids... it overwhelmed him. We'd been for a short introductory visit last week, but it was much different than this morning. As we waited for school to start he changed his mind about wanting to go even after I told him that all the kids won't be in his class.

Being the evil mom I am, I took pictures of his misery before I left him being physically restrained by his teacher while he was screaming about how he wasn't having fun there and how he wanted to go to school another day.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 455dff1775

TPM thanked me (sarcastically) for passing on my introvert genes to him. :oops: I'm sure he's fine by now. I hope the teacher is too! :lol: It seems really strange and quiet here at home without him. Even the dogs keep looking for him.
Last edited by VixChix on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Poor little dude, How did you hold up, vixchix? My wife cried harder that my boy on his first day.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Hope he's more comfy now
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) It will get better each day . Till he doesn`t even notice you have left . :)
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

A boy's first day in school can be sort of like what you see in barber shops when they are getting their first haircut.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I can't stand issues at school, it is almost a powerless feeling. I manage to get myself involved anyways, when I walk in to the school they know someone is in trouble.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
lscha

Post by lscha »

I'm surprised there wasn't a camera on you as you were walking home.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

There was one day . . .I left my daughter at day care and I didn't like what was going on . . .kids runing around all over the place and there were older kids in with the younger kids. My daughter knew I needed to get to work, and she told me she would be OK and I could go on. Reluctant, I left . . .got about two miles down the road, went back and got her. :lol: I trust my senses and I didn't like it.

My younger daughter was always clingy. I had to set up a routine. First I'd let her know at a certain time, I'd have to leave. I'd take her in early before the other kids got there. I'd have her show me her class work and stuff like that. When the teacher came in and it got that time, then I could leave with little issue. She had to get comfy. She could do that when we were there alone. However, if we were running late and all the other kids were already there . . .it could take a while.

Getting there early may be the answer for you. Also, those days don't take long to go away. Enjoy them. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Tomorrow is my boys first full day of school. The wife will be at work so i get to do the duty of walking him to school. I have a feeling he won't even look back, i know he is really excited but we will see how it goes. We took him to Chuck E Cheese after his first hour last Friday and hopefully he doesn't expect that every school day.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

We don't have the option of going in early. That would have made a huge difference! Also, they don't want the parents in the classroom for the first few weeks. Will find out how things went in just a few minutes. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hope he recovers from the trauma.
I still remember my first day some 53 years ago. I didn't want to go but mom forced me to get in the car and drove me to school. She was a teacher at another elementary school in the district and knew my teacher well. She went in to get Mrs. Osborne to talk to me and while she was gone I locked all the car doors so they couldn't get me out. :twisted:
Took 'em quite a few minutes to talk me out, but I finally gave in and went to school. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

going through the samething with mine now... hes fine untill its time to go

this morning he just walked in with his sister so he was fine
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

just wait till he goes off to college and won't come home for at least a week. that is where we are now, his first week at college and it sure is quiet around here.
bucont

Post by bucont »

I know he will over come. Soon he'll leave for school early and get home late, unless you are taken him turkey hunting after school. :)
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Well, he survived and so did I. The teacher only said "He worked it out". lol I was OK, apart from hoping he didn't cry the whole time. He managed to have some fun after all and tells me he'll be better about it all next week when the full schedule starts.

Thanks for all the responses. It was nice to know it's pretty normal and that they get over it pretty quickly. :)