anyone browse the net while hunting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

War Paint

Post by War Paint »

Love my I phone.
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

I've had the storm for about a year now and I love it. If you plan to do alot of typing, you might consider staying away from a touch screen. However, I'm used to it now and typing messages does not take that much longer than if I had a regular keyboard.

On the plus side, the screens for browsing, or looking at pictures of Tiffany???, is much larger and easier to see. On any touch screen, you have to get the screen protectors. When they get scratched, just peel it off put a new one on and you have a new screen. Your choice probably boils down to screen size vs ease of typing. I chose screen size for easy viewing.
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I skipped the screen protector and went for the whole phone protector. Without this case I can remember at least 3 times I would have had to buy a new phone, yet it is still like new.

http://www.otterbox.com/blackberry-case ... nder-case/
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

TPM and I share one cell phone. Since we usually take turns going out it's not a problem. The phone is only on when I'm expecting or making a call. No way either of us are going to be surfing when we're out in the woods.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Baycor

Post by Baycor »

This is a crazy topic....internet while hunting is not acceptable. If you have a spam addiction, see your doctor. LOL

No phone range where I go, no service, no electronics...Nothing! That's hunting!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Baycor wrote:This is a crazy topic....internet while hunting is not acceptable. If you have a spam addiction, see your doctor. LOL

No phone range where I go, no service, no electronics...Nothing! That's hunting!
It's all about perspective I guess.. My son at 6 years old could easily do 5-6 hours in a blind, but it required him to have his Game Boy. That is time I would have had to stay home with him, so we found a solution, he occupies himself with what kids do, and I could put in a full days hunt. He has set an example for his younger sisters, taught them how to enjoy that time too, now my 2 year old can effortlessly do 3 hour runs in a blind, we call it her "hunting voice". These are far from sacrifices, and it sure beats leaving a kid home when you know they want to come!
My phone is always with me, without it I don't have a job, so another compromise was made, bring the phone, go hunting..
If I only hunted a few times a week I would be more comfortable leaving the phone home or off, but I hunt every day, usually twice a day and with three young kids at home it would be irresponsible to cut off communication with them. I would be devastated to come home to see that I had missed a family emergency.
It is my family that supports my 7 day a week hunting habit, the least I can do is allow them a connection to me while I am gone.
As I said earlier in his thread, if my house calls my phone while I am in the bush the there is no use for me to answer it, it means something is terribly wrong and I need to get home. As of yet, it hasn't rang.

Then there is the other side of the coin, I am one restless guy! once settled in and waiting for that legal moment I can find a million things to mess with, fidgeting with my thermacell, paying particular attention to stick under my butt, constantly checking the wind... With the BB I put my head down and read, no different than a person with a book!

We all do what we have to do to afford this sport while still maintaining a home and family, my phone allows me to do that.
Without my phone I would be limiting my time in the woods, and that to me is unacceptable.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string