anyone browse the net while hunting?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

anyone browse the net while hunting?

Post by crazyfarmer »

this makes this topic fit well in the hunting section.. with the new cells out now does anyone sit in their stand and surf the net while hunting?

Im thinking of getting the Blackberry Storm or Tour. Im not sure if I want buttons or touch screen. But This should help pass the boring time while in stand. I can surf while hunting and post when the 180inch buck walks toward my stand;) HAHAHAHAHA

its time for us to update our cell package so thats why I was asking.. anyone have any model phone they like?
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

Get the apple IPHONE...built in GPS and Satellite mapping as well. I can see the next commercial:

"Freezing in a tree stand? Theres an app for that"

:D
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
huntone

Post by huntone »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I see, yeah I see crazy. You are just trying to get people
distracted from their hunting aren't you. :P :lol:

I think your should get a apple and let that big deer walk on
down to Tennessee. :P :lol: :lol:

Really, I have thought of the apple phone, may be interesting.
It's also time for me to update. I also would like more input on this.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've got the curve. The buttons are a bit small but it has GPS displayed on Google Earth. An excellent phone with everything you need for hunting :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

no i don't & don't want the anoying thing around me, deer is what i need.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Absolutly!
I have a Blackberry 8900, I monitor wind and weather, use Google Earth to pinpoint my location with a full color sattelite view of where I sit. I can see paths, trails in such clairity I can see the tree I am sitting in.
I communicate with my friends/family using Blackberry messenger silently, I also use that program to send an exact location of where I am in the event of an emergency. Blackberries and other smart phones use a program called "Latitude", my wife can watch my every movent through the bush in real time using either a regular digital map or Google earth.
In another situation, during spring turkey my Thermacell clunked out, a quick run through Google and I was up and running again, otherwise my hunt would have been over.
I also use some lull time to email customers, it gives the illusion that I am actually working while affording the time to be in the woods. I also surf and participate on this and other forums while tucked away under a tree.
Typing on a BB uses less movement than blinking your eyes. For people like me who have a hard time sitting still I can gain an hour or two of zero movement by reading/surfing/researching. Google in your pocket is a very powerful tool.
Oh, and you want buttons.
Last edited by Pydpiper on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
deerhunter430

Post by deerhunter430 »

if i take my phone my wife can find me and i dont that, LOL
Boo

Post by Boo »

Pydpiper wrote:Absolutly!
I have a Blackberry 8900, I monitor wind and weather, use Google Earth to pinpoint my location with a full color sattelite view of where I sit. I can see paths, trails in such clairity I can see the tree I am sitting in.
I communicate with my friends/family using Blackberry messenger silently, I also use that program to send an exact location of where I am in the event of an emergency. Blackberries and other smart phones use a program called "Latitude", my wife can watch my every movent through the bush in real time using either a regular digital map or Google earth.
In another situation, during spring turkey my Thermacell clunked out, a quick run through Google and I was up and running again, otherwise my hunt would have been over.
I also use some lull time to email customers, it gives the illusion that I am actually working while affording the time to be in the woods. I also surf and participate on this and other forums while tucked away under a tree.
Typing on a BB uses less movement than blinking your eyes. For people like me who have a hard time sitting still I can gain an hour or two of zero movement by reading/surfing/researching. Google in your pocket is a very powerful tool.
I know where you are David! LOL!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

I just carry my cell phone with me in case I fall out of my stand or any other accidents happen...I keep entertained by watching all the other wildlife and watch how they act...I could spend all day in a treestand watching the birds,squirrles,turkeys, etc. etc. .......just a peacefull break away from everything else.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I go hunting to get away from work, computers, and the pressure of dealing with the wife's whims. Matter of fact, I think she's planning on having me till up a new flower bed this evening - I feel the need for a mess of fresh squirrel coming on. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:oops: oh no! I forgot the cell phone dear :oops:
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Boo wrote:
Pydpiper wrote:Absolutly!
I know where you are David! LOL!
And I know where you are too.right now I am on a bar stool in Paris.. I am looking forward to seeing how this works on your trip..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

lol.. thanks for the advice everyone

my problem is.. im fine for the first week of season, but I try to hunt basically each and everyday. Each and everyday wears on your after a few months. You get tired and bored :P

hmmm.. guess I can look at playboy while hunting :P should keep me awake

dont get me wrong.. I love the peace and quiet, but I want t stay awake after 2months of hunting straight :P

pretty sure Ill end up with the blackberry tour... I have weather on my old phone and thats the best tool ever when hunting. Its nice seeing when the rain will break so you know whether to stay or go home 8)

dont worry.. ill post here before I shoot the biggin in live time :P
huntone

Post by huntone »

I know what you are talking about crazy. I'm retired and I'll be hunting
mostly by myself. My farm is miles away from where I live and for my
own piece of mind and for emergency reasons..........pydpiper may
have sold me on that Blackberry 8900.....we will see
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
huntman

Post by huntman »

I use my blackberry all the time while sitting in the stand. As long as you have some cover, i thinks its great to be able to check work emails, text the wife or check into this forum! Done them all in the past
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

You're kidding right? :? They don't make the internet down there where I hunt at. :lol: They just recently got indoor plumbing in that area!

Seriously though, I don't have cell service down there, even up on top of the knobs.

To stay awake though, I take a book or magazine to read. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.