Simmons red dot ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Snuffy

Simmons red dot ???

Post by Snuffy »

I'm new to the forum and crossbow hunting. If this has been posted before please forgive me I could not find it. I have a 3 dot Simmons red dot. I have rough sited the top dot at 20yards. Should I have zeroed it at 25 yards??? What about the second and third dot what ranges are they good for if the top dot is set at 20 yards??? How much does one click move the scope?? I'm shooting a Exocet 200lb 100 gr heads.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Depends on your bow how it will be ranged. I usually sight the center dot for 25 yards, then experiment and find out what range the top & bottom dots are on at.
Get in the habit of using the center dot when practicing and if a deer is within 30 yards or so and you forget to adjust for which aiming point you use for range you will still be in the kill zone. :wink:
wabi
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

as wabi said use middle dot to adjust & sight-in the top & bottom should be on 10 yd increaments. if you want middle at 25 then top dot close to 15 bottom close to 35. use bottom one to get windage centered, then up close will be a cinch
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BigDogKahuna

Post by BigDogKahuna »

My three dot instructions say sight the top dot to zero at 25 yards. You middle dot should then already be set for 35 yards and the third dot for 45 yards...or at least pretty darn close but to each his own. The above methods will work just fine also.