Maybe a new sub-forum?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

IAMCANADIAN wrote:OK, but how's this for an alternate suggestion.....a sticky where instructional/tutorial/FAQ's can be copied for easy reference. (copied...not moved)

For instance: I Know there is a tutorial on how to sight in your bow....but I'd imagine it's buried on page 30 or something.

A sticky with that and the other technical how-to's would make it waaay easier for people to find. The search function is OK, but try searching "sighting" to find the thread I'm talking about and you'll see the issue.

An easy (10 seconds or less) way to do it is to create a sticky titled "How to's and FAQ's" or something like that, and when a post that is put up is deemed "sticky worthy" (Like "How to sight in your Drop Zone Scope") the original post is copied to the sticky. That way the topic remains in the main area for discussion/questions, but the tutorial itself is easy to find.

Just a thought.

What about this idea? Anybody adverse to a sticky?
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Everything works fine AS-IS like all the others have stated in this topic.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

IAMCANADIAN wrote:
IAMCANADIAN wrote:OK, but how's this for an alternate suggestion.....a sticky where instructional/tutorial/FAQ's can be copied for easy reference. (copied...not moved)

For instance: I Know there is a tutorial on how to sight in your bow....but I'd imagine it's buried on page 30 or something.

A sticky with that and the other technical how-to's would make it waaay easier for people to find. The search function is OK, but try searching "sighting" to find the thread I'm talking about and you'll see the issue.

An easy (10 seconds or less) way to do it is to create a sticky titled "How to's and FAQ's" or something like that, and when a post that is put up is deemed "sticky worthy" (Like "How to sight in your Drop Zone Scope") the original post is copied to the sticky. That way the topic remains in the main area for discussion/questions, but the tutorial itself is easy to find.

Just a thought.

What about this idea? Anybody adverse to a sticky?
I think there are too many now . . .things tend to get lost there too.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

Kelley wrote:Everything works fine AS-IS like all the others have stated in this topic.
Kelley

LOL...as you wish. I don't know how having another sticky at the top of the page would be detrimental, but if something that small would disrupt things that much maybe it's better left alone.

So I guess everbody absolutely freaked out when someone added a new sticky about the championships? :roll:

I'd just like to be able to access the wealth of technical help that has been delivered here over the years without having to search through 10000 returns from a search. A sticky with a copy of some of the helpful how-to's would sure cut down on guys like me asking questions that have been asked 100 times allready.

But hey, it's not my sandbox. :lol:
Last edited by IAMCANADIAN on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: We don't have any self appointed "forum police" like some of the other forums or at least none with any "real" authority.
That's it, Bob.

You're under arrest.

Watch your head! :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:
That's it, Bob.

You're under arrest.

Watch your head! :P :lol: :wink:
What? No WANTED poster?

I feel slighted! :D
Well ... I didn't want Hoss to feel jealous.

He's sensitive, you know, and easily hurt. :P

Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

IAMCANADIAN wrote:

So I guess everbody absolutely freaked out when someone added a new sticky about the championships? :roll:
Opposite problem . . .I didn't even notice the post until just now.

There is a FAQ section on the Excalibur site . . . http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/l ... gory_id=70

I suppose you can add things there by sending the request to Peter.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

we have been down this road before.. ive found its best if we all keep everything in one section.. less clutter is better and plus we always see something new when its posted :D
BigDogKahuna

Post by BigDogKahuna »

lscha wrote:
sumner4991 wrote: The only exception was to make an "other topics" area so DrDan and 45 could have their own play ground. :lol:
That's funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL! But I play sometmes too! :lol:
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

BigDogKahuna wrote:
lscha wrote:
sumner4991 wrote: The only exception was to make an "other topics" area so DrDan and 45 could have their own play ground. :lol:
That's funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL! But I play sometmes too! :lol:
I do too . . .if we left them by themselves for 5 minutes, they might hurt one another. :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TripleM

Re:

Post by TripleM »

Though I'm fairly new here, I say leave it be.
Been on a couple of others before I found this one and they seem to be, go to sub topic, look for topic, hit back or forward button, look for topic, forward slash, back slash, command prompt ,MSDOS, see Windows Version blah blah blah, try to think what Bill Gates has in mind today.....!!!

Pardon the rant, but keep it easy for one of the guys like me that will soon be joining the "Old Farts Club".

Make things harder than need be and I might be pulling out those last few hairs left on my scalp...........arrrrrrrrrrrr