Maybe a new sub-forum?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IAMCANADIAN

Maybe a new sub-forum?

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

As I put up my last post I was thinking.....and I'd like to suggest a new forum for technical questions like FOC, bow modifications and maintenance, penetration tests, repairs, string talk, scopes, etc.....and keep the hunting forum for hunting related topics (broadhead choice, max range, hunting stories and pictures, game handling, etc)

Anybody think this is a good idea?

IAC
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You got it . . .you are on that forum. 8) All this other clutter needs to go away. :lol: :lol:

We have had a few threads devoted to splitting the forum into different topic areas. However, it's better to have everything in one place. The only exception was to make an "other topics" area so DrDan and 45 could have their own play ground. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I personally like the current set-up. I'm on another forum that seems to grow new sub-forums the way a sumac sends up new sprouts. I've all but stopped going there because it takes too long to scan the topics.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
lscha

Post by lscha »

sumner4991 wrote: The only exception was to make an "other topics" area so DrDan and 45 could have their own play ground. :lol:
That's funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

sumner4991 wrote:You got it . . .you are on that forum. 8) All this other clutter needs to go away. :lol: :lol:

We have had a few threads devoted to splitting the forum into different topic areas. However, it's better to have everything in one place. The only exception was to make an "other topics" area so DrDan and 45 could have their own play ground. :lol:
Amen and amen. :D

It's fine like it is.
Grizz
Stash

Post by Stash »

This forum is like Excalibiur bows themselves. Just right, just the way it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I recently PMed Dude suggesting they eliminate the off topic forum. If it crossbows post it here. If it guns, vert bows, camping, fishing, or any other outdoor activity post it here and mark it OT. If it's politics or religion take it to somewhere else.
It's a lot simpler to scroll down through the topics on one forum than have to jump to different links.
wabi
huntone

Post by huntone »

I like the forum the way it is. I can learn about crossbows and hunting here :lol: ........ or
I can go to "off topics" to learn about everything else :roll: :P :lol: :lol:
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

OK, but how's this for an alternate suggestion.....a sub forum where instructional/tutorial/FAQ's can be copied for easy reference. (copied...not moved)

For instance: I Know there is a tutorial on how to sight in your bow....but I'd imagine it's buried on page 30 or something.

A sticky or subforum with that and the other technical how-to's would make it waaay easier for people to find. The search function is OK, but try searching "sighting" to find the thread I'm talking about and you'll see the issue.

Just a thought.
liaf

Post by liaf »

sumner4991 wrote: The only exception was to make an "other topics" area so DrDan and 45 could have their own play ground. :lol:
I do not post very often but it appears that the OT forum is the only area that DrDan and 45 post.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Rather than more sub-forums, I think there must be some way to improve the "search" feature. Its far too general in results.

That being said, I have NO idea how hard it is to make or modify a forum such as this, im just happy to have it. I doubt the moderators need another make work project. :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

Well the EASY (10 seconds or less) way to do it is to create a sticky titled "How to's and FAQ's" or something like that, and when a post that is put up is deemed "sticky worthy" (Like "How to sight in your Drop Zone Scope") the original post is copied to the sticky. That way the topic remains in the main area for discussion/questions, but the tutorial itself is easy to find.
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:lol: When I worked, I was told by my boss he did not want to hear "if it works, don't fix it". I was told "if it works, improve it".
I would leave this forum as it is. Maybe we should do a poll or a vote on any change.
mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:You got it . . .you are on that forum. 8) All this other clutter needs to go away. :lol: :lol:

It's fine like it is.
couldn't agree more . keep it simple
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

mikej wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:

It's fine like it is.
couldn't agree more . keep it simple
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire