Equinox cheekpiece and crankaroo conflict

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huddy911

Equinox cheekpiece and crankaroo conflict

Post by huddy911 »

Anybody noticed this problem? the crankaroo will not attach with the factory cheekpiece installed on the Equinox. Anybody got a fix?
Huddy

Rookie Equinox owner/hunter
already hooked not even season yet

The DARK is afraid of ME!
BigDogKahuna

Post by BigDogKahuna »

I had to move my cheek piece forward a tad. I do not know why they don't consider this but they did not.

First put the crankaroo on and then place the cheek piece on. My cheek piece just kisses the crankaroo. Mark the hole, remove cheek piece and drill out the hole. I forget what size bit is needed. Or, rather than marking the hole and removing the cheek piece, drill through the cheek piece hole itself with the cheek piece on.

Mine works fine this way and cheek still feels fine on the cheek piece even though I had to move it forward about 1/2 inch.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

We didn`t notice the problem until too late . As Bill said we were so wrapped up in getting the proper on the stock and completely missed the cheekpiece to crank problem . We have now got a shorter crank body that doesn`t interfere with the cheekpiece .
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

i just purchased a new crankeroo and it is not shorter because i tried it on my friend's new equinox and it would not fit, was considering the cheekpiece for my vortex but obviously will not fit if i put the cheekpiece on, it really did feel a lot more comfortable with the cheekpiece in use, don't understand why cheekpiece not molded into original stock or at least as an option at order time.
vort

Post by vort »

Where can a person get one of these new one's that fit?