I Need Payback

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phoenix_Tom

I Need Payback

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Last weekend I was sighting in my new scope mounted to the deer barrel of my new shotgun. I was doing this in our pit as my buddies were shooting skeet nearby. I wanted to get this done quickly and join them on the skeet shooting. But little did I realize that as I'm shooting sabots to the left of the target, they're shooting them to the right. I started off on paper but because of their fooling around I ended up way left and down (and off paper) before I ran out of sabots. Seeing my frustration level, that's when they kind of confessed to their tom-foolery. Because of these bozos, I wasted 2 boxes of $24 sabots, ended up buying a laser bore sighter $36, and had to buy 2 more boxes of $24 sabots plus 2 boxes of $8 buckhammers just to verify I'm on paper.

I'm looking for payback. I need a really good, harmless, practical joke to pay these guys back. Any ideas?
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Do you guys waterfowl hunt any? How about bird/rabbit hunt in a group? It's got to be a "group" thing for it to work............ :wink:

Anway, take some shotgun shells like they are using at the time, pry the crimp open and pour the shot out. Reload the shells with confetti and close the crimp back. :lol:

You've got to somehow slip these INTO their guns, otherwise they'll feel the weight difference if they load them theirselves.

Pretty harmless, but it's good for a laugh. :wink: :twisted: :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

These guys aren't into ducks. Deer only. One of them is into archery and doing a lot of target shooting lately. I was thinking of sneaking a 125 gr field point or two into his quiver since he uses 100 gr. Let him spend an hour or more trying to figure out WTF is going on while he's sighting / practicing.
Groundpounder Mount
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

Buy a pair of frilly panties and stick them inside your buddy's couch (if he's married)

buy a handfull of those cards that paly music when opened, remove the mechanisms and tape them to the hinges on their closet doors.

Fill their vents in their cars with talcum powder

Buy a fish and stick it under the seat of their car

if they drive a truck stick a long ziptie on thier driveshaft...make sure it's long enough to slap the floor of the truck as it spins

etc.

etc.
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Now we're talking. Their wives would go nuts about the frilly underwear. I'd get them in XXXXL and spray them with some Channel #5. Throwing them in the laundry basket might speed things up.

The zip tie on the drive shaft is a new one. I like it! Even more evil is zip tying some lead weight in the process. It doesn't take much to make the whole truck vibrate.
Groundpounder Mount
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

After having my nose painted blue in college (yes, alcohol was involved), I took the painters underwear, dipped them all in apple juice and put them in his freezer.
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

*Edited* Best not get involved in this thread..Good luck. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

don't know if ya fish or not but I will admit to leaving some fresh row in a film container and putting it under the seat of there truck. The row will rott and produce gasses that pop the lid off a few weeks later :shock: :shock:
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:twisted: The old fashion skunk scent in the vent works wonders . :lol:
Another one that works well is the black powder load for trap/skeet . :shock: :lol:
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I highly advise against the women's underwear in the couch/laundry...it works TOO well sometimes. A buddy of mine spent a couple days on my couch after I did it to him...and I had to explain everthing to his wife. :lol:

She still doesn't talk to me. :roll:
hunt-n-fool

Post by hunt-n-fool »

Pee in their steam iron :D
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

Thats the point :)

Funny thing is, when I did it to my buddy I totally forgot about it, and it wasn't until about 5 months later that she found them......was quite a scene :D

Now...back to business. Your buddy who shoots vert bow.....don't swap heads with 125's (he'll be able to tell by looking), but if you can get a hold of his arrows throw some fine powder (baking soda works well) in varying amounts inside each one. You can get a few hundred grains into an arrow and he won't be able to tell.....and the best part is that as he shoots the weight shifts completely to the back during shooting....nothing like 400 grains of extra weight at the BACK of an arrow to really throw it off target :)
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I got into an argument on another forum about the diff in 125 gr vs 100 gr points. I benched a few at 30 yds, mixed batch. The shafts were touching.

That was a serious ding they layed on you $ wise and calls for some carefully crafted retribution in kind. I'm thinking.
"Eze 18:21"
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

If you mess with the arrow weight, make sure that you let him know before the season starts. It would be a shame if he wounds a deer.

Gravel in the hubcaps. Exlax brownies. If you can get to his underwear drawer, grind hot pepper seeds into powder, put it in the crotch of his underwear. Trust me, he'll think he's caught fire.
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain
hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

JUST BUY A BASEBALL BAT!! OPPS! JOKING!! GRAB THERE SHOTGUN AND REMOVE THE FIRING PIN B4 DUCK SEASON!! HAVE FUN HUNTING WHILE THEY WATCH YOU SHOOT !! LOL! THEN WHEN YOUR DONE HUNTING HAND HIM THE FIRING PIN!!! :lol:
WISH I COULD SHOOT A DEER SOMEDAY!