walk carefully

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

walk carefully

Post by crazyfarmer »

i got out to check a trail camera yesterday, got ready to get back into my truck and stepped on a small stump. I heard a loud snap. Now I cant put any pressure on my foot. I can get around, but its a slow process. Im gonna play it out today and see if things get better. If not, Im gonna go have xrays done. Im not sure if the snap was the stump or my foot. I know my ankle rolled pretty badly. No major swelling, but I cant move my foot at all without pain. Im hoping its just a bad sprain since most of the pain is on the outside of my ankle(this is my same ankle I tore 10 years ago). But its just a reminder to walk carefully in the woods. Its amazing how fast you can roll or break you ankle without expecting it. Hopefully nothing major is done since season is 2 weeks away!

but fear not.. broken ankle or not, im hunting :lol: :D

anyway.. goodluck and happy hunting to those out in the woods today
gogo

Post by gogo »

sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully it heals soon, just do not push things until it's 100% healed. good luck
huntone

Post by huntone »

:( I'm sorry about your ankle crazy, but I know it won't stop you. I've had
ankle problems and know how hard they are to heal, heck, you got
to walk..Be careful on it friend. Thanks for the warning!
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

sorry to hear that crazy.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I know how you feel. Everytime I go for a run all my old injuries remind me why I should stop running... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

OUCH. :cry: Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it's nothing major and you're able to hunt comfortably soon!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Oops! :!: :shock:

I know that hurts. Hope it isn't anything serious, and that you get over it quickly, 'Crazy. :D

I stepped squarely on a little-bitty 'ol cypress knee this past Monday ... only about three inches high ... and I thought it was gonna go through my shoe! It was as pointy as the tip of your pinky finger ... the ground in this area had one about every two feet.

I suppose you have cypress trees where you are ... I'll bet a lot of our members wouldn't know a cypress knee from their own knee! :P :lol:

Everybody do be careful out there! It's easy to get hurt!

Grizz
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

AARP is looking for new members :lol: :lol: Hope all goes well and you are back to 100% SOON.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Poor timing! I hope you heal fast.
I did a header playing midnight hide and seek in the woods a few weeks ago with the kids, blew out my shoulder, thought I cracked my clavicle. I will not be hunting with my compound/recurve anytime soon..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Way to go CF... :shock: ....Hang in there buddy I hope it was not a break...stay tough dude..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
sipsey

Stump Dancing

Post by sipsey »

Get well soon Farmer---Grizz---you been in my swamp?--That looks like the same slough bed where I tripped and did one of those high-step dances ( stump dance ) for about 10 feet to keep from falling on my face---my ankle still twinges
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

CF, i see you didn't wear yer Air Jordans while ck'ing camera. cause you knowed if'en you had you would have reverse bounced up fer a dunk shot. :lol: sorry to hear you did get hurt, hope it is only a sprain and not a break.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
DARTONATOR

Post by DARTONATOR »

Sorry to hear about your foot Crazy ! When I pulled my calf muscle, the physiotherapist told me to ice and heat the area several times a day to help speed up the healing. It helps get the blood out of the swoolen area and improves circulation. Ten munutes cold, ten minutes heat pad, one hour watch hunting channel. Then start all over again. Remember Crazy ! these are doctors orders and the wife and kids have to obide by them.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Hopefully it is nothing serious and you have a speedy recovery.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Get better soon CF :wink:.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray