The 30 point Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Looks like one of those genetic deer from wilderness whitetail which is in Wi. to me it's UGLY and I don't think natural just my thoughts

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Re: post sub

Post by crazyfarmer »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:Looks like one of those genetic deer from wilderness whitetail which is in Wi. to me it's UGLY and I don't think natural just my thoughts

Wes
I was wodnering that also.. looks like someone pumped something into him.

anyone hear anymore details about that buck? He's huge for a wild free roam deer if thats the case? Not putting anyone down since he's a beast. You just dont see them in the wild that size unless its strict management or pen raised

kinda odd its no scores posted which might be because its an pen deer?
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

crazyfarmer wrote:
Limbs and Bolts wrote:Looks like one of those genetic deer from wilderness whitetail which is in Wi. to me it's UGLY and I don't think natural just my thoughts

Wes
I was wodnering that also.. looks like someone pumped something into him.

anyone hear anymore details about that buck? He's huge for a wild free roam deer if thats the case? Not putting anyone down since he's a beast. You just dont see them in the wild that size unless its strict management or pen raised

kinda odd its no scores posted which might be because its an pen deer?
I need to find out the secrets before I shoot mine for the photo contest . . .no entry or exit wound that I can see. Maybe he was shot in the mouth. :? I agree with Wes . . .the racks now adays seem to be deformed. Maybe they are getting too much to eat?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
will dog

Post by will dog »

I too live near Fond du lac and would be HIGHLY skeptical if this is a legitimate wild deer. There are a lot of deer farms around and something like this sure looks pen raised. I have bow hunted 52 years and this one just smells a tad. I'm guessing the wardens have already talked to him. Sorry for being the cynic, just reality.
gogo

Post by gogo »

Im on dialup here took 10 minutes to download the picture of that 30 pt buck, don't know if it was worth it. Not to pretty to look at.Having said that if his brother walks by my stand the arrows are flying.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Someone said it grossed 250!!
Limbs and Sticks

Could be may be have a look at these mis-fits here, what do you think?

Wes

http://www.wildernesswhitetails.com/
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

You know that was my first reaction to. What is a buck like that walking around in broad daylight when the rut is not on. That's not natural! Bucks get old by being noctural most of the time except for the rut where you may get lucky. Something is not right here. :?

Wes
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I cant believe someone would take that badly of a shot at a deer.. he's lucky!

I personally like the rack, its different from the typicals we have here :D
Keep in mind, bucks are still feeding hard now so you have a good chance at something decent hitting the field edge right at dark.

Best times are early in the season(1st week), 1st of Nov, then the last week of season to get a gaint :lol:

I wonder if anyone had seen that buck or even knew he was there
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

planter wrote: Makes me wonder how many of the BIG deer taken every year are taken due to skill and how many due to luck.
Not even close planter, luck has it by a landslide. For every mature buck taken by a very dedicated and skilled hunter I am willing to wager that nine more are taken due to luck. Yep, I am saying 10% skill and 90% luck.

Of course when you talk to the hunter who bagged the big buck the numbers become reversed as 90% of them boast of their hunting skill and only 10% (those honest guys) say they got lucky. :lol:

The only way to judge hunting skill regarding the harvest of mature bucks is over time. The ones with the skill are the ones that are harvesting the mature buck season after season. The lucky ones are "one hit wonders."

crazyfarmer wrote: Best times are early in the season(1st week), 1st of Nov, then the last week of season to get a gaint :lol:
You, my young antler addict friend, are really starting to grasp the big picture! Your string of nice bucks taken since your involvement here on the forum is pretty impressive. Put another 150 on the ground this year and we might promote you to "brown belt."

Of course you could always skip brown belt and go right to black belt by showing me a 160 (or greater) this year. Yes, I know your deer are not as large as the ones here. But we both know there is something special running around in your area.

Got the cojones to forsake all others and go on a quest? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

The bucks here have started going they're own ways, thats good I can see whats going where, time to put cams back into the woods

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike, you said it well... its 90% luck. Everyyear someone will get a GAINT by luck. When I say that I mean they happen to be walking through the woods having only hunted a few days and kill a GAINT! We all get lucky:) I just cant get in one of those places with a 180+ gaint LOL.. sure it eats at me, but most of us harvest solid 130inch bucks year after year while the ones that get the 180+ buck havent even killed a 130 before that.

but with that note, this is why we love this sport.. you simply dont know whats around the corner, down the bottom, or in the thicket coming your way:)

people like to use drugs to get high... nothing beats the high you get from harvesting a whitetail in the wild 8)

Wes, your right also. The few cameras I have left out show the bigger bucks seperated already. Only the little ones are hanging together. PLus its the time of the year where the big boys might wonder looking for new ground 8)
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Those big boys won't leave, just won't move as much when the woods start getting traffic in them, they'll move a little during the rut but they come back home.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers