String Testing - Facts & Figures

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

enormous wrote:Comfy,
I have a well worn string of yours. It hags near my computer. I always got great speeds and wear from your custom strings. Once I purchased 4 of yours at one time. Two had made fine gifts for a couple forum members here who offered their talents to make something special for me. Sorry we kinda got off topic.
I haven't made strings for over 2 years now, and the ones I made for myself are all still going strong. Of course, I baby them, by reserving them well before they needed it. I also alternate them, to give them each a well deserved rest. By doing so, they appear as good as new, when I do call upon them.

Regarding getting off topic, it's no big deal. Besides, I suppose I was just as much to blame as anyone else.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

well since we have hijacked this topic, how does the vortex stack up against the other models ? i don't own one but thinking of getting one. i tried the equinox on cocking. its too much fer me anymore. just to broke down to keep up with the healthy ppl on here
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

ComfyBear... I really appreciated your results on string testing. Different weights apperently do make a big difference. Also I'm thinking the "wind resistance" of those wiskers also made a difference.

Manufactures make different products for different tastes, and uses. I can shoot my Max all day if I want and no discomfort. I also like the higher KE it produces for where I hunt. (I've got a 510 gr arrow going 315 fps with an FOC of 12%). Maybe this isn't the absolute best combination for everyone. But it works really well for me. It also gives me extream or should I say MAXimum confidence when shooting in less than ideal hunting conditions. I'm not a speed freak. I'm a hit where I'm aiming and a clean humane kill freak.

If you've got something to say regarding a MAX, throw it out there. This is a forum for sharing information as opposed to the "I'veGotASecret.com" forum. You couldn't possibley burst my euphoric bubble. But you might be able to help me look at different aspects of maintaining my weapon. I love to learn from others experience.
ComfyBear wrote:Grizz, not wanting to be further accused of Max bashing, :lol: :P I won't elaborate on the many reasons I personally would not own a Max.

For those who have owned and sold them, and I know a few, no elaboration is needed. For those who own and still euphorical use them, why should I be the one to burst their bubble. :wink:
Again, I really liked your post on different strings and speeds.
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA