I feel Like giving up

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Not much i could add. Just dont give up 3 years ago the same thing happened to me. Found him 4 days latter. I hope you find him first thing this morning. Good luck
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Good luck today! I'm betting you will find your deer.
Why ride when you can walk!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Good luck . They are strange animals when it comes to bleeding .
Rich

Post by Rich »

Good luck, I think you'll find him this morning.

Rich
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I hope you find your buck.

All of us who have hunted much at all have gone through this.

Just do your best. You're not going to get them all. No one does ... but we try, and remember that hunting is trying ... as long as you've done your part, you have nothing to regret.

Even if you don't find him, he will not be wasted, but will provide nourishment for other wild creatures ... and your actions will only be a link in a chain of natural events.

All is well. Do your best to find him, and you've done what you should.
Grizz
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

The meat will be fine, it hasn't exactly been warm at night. You should be good for at least 24-36 hoursbefore spoilage starts, and even then you don't lose the whole animal.....your processor will remove the spoilage.

Get and look for him, and bring trail tape to tie off wherever you find a speck. After a while you will see a general direction by looking at the tape, and this makes things easier :)
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Boy--- I think we have all been in your situation. Just give it your all before giving up. If it was all cut and dry it would'nt be hunting. It would be shopping. Best of Luck buddy. :)
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I know the feeling :roll: , at least you are finding good blood. We look forward to hearing from you in the morning :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Sounds like a dead deer ... Looking forward to the pictures !

Things look better in the daylight , and with friends along to help , your chances of recovery just went up !

Good luck ... hoping to hear a good report !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Take your time in looking, want to see pics, you got him

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

Well I just got back from searching in a light rain..I picked up where I marked my last blood and searched and found nothing.We did a complete search of about 350 yard circle around where I found blood last and nothing...I think bstout is correct..I think I hit him between the lungs and spine though..he was at 19 yards and maby if he ducked a little when I shot that wouldnt help things..I think he lived though..I hope so anyways....he will know to stay the heck away from that area now :cry: ...Im just so disgusted...It was perfect how he came out and came right to me..if I wouldnt of made the maaaa noise he would probably have walked directly beside my left and presented me with a 15 yard shot and I keep thinking what if........But the wind was blowing that way and I felt if i would have let him get to that point he would have winded me and spooked.....eh..anyways he's not the only buck around so I guess theres nothing more for me to do except get after another one.
Gobble!

Post by Gobble! »

i remember my first bad shot like that it really sucks but you just gotta climb back up your stand and try again
Equinox
Vari-Zone
STS
Rage 2 Blade
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Sorry to hear it bojangles. Perhaps you hit above the spine? It dips down quite a bit at the front of the deer. It near impossible to hit between lung and spine without hitting one or the other.
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

maby that happened..Im not sure.I should have aimed a tad low since he was so close and I was 25 feet up but didnt htink about it at the time....
huntman

Post by huntman »

I am sure we will all be looking at pics of your buck this evening. Based on what you described that buck is down and you should have no issues recovering him. Just hoping the weather held up and it didnt rain.