New hunter in North Bay ON

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

northbaydude

New hunter in North Bay ON

Post by northbaydude »

Hi There

a new hunter here with an excalibur crossbow and a climbing tree stand. Would love to connect with some local Folks here in North Bay for learning and enjoying deer and grouse hunting this season. Thanks.
Northbaydude
Looking for hunting groups and/or frineds in North Bay Ontario area
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Welcome to the sport and to the forum. If in doubt ask. A wealth of information on this forum waiting to get tapped into. :)
Why ride when you can walk!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome to the forum, Northbaydude! Your a little far from me, but good luck hunting!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Welcome!!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Peach

Post by Peach »

Welcome to the forum. I am in North Bay. IF you have any questions or are looking for advice, by all means, feel free to ask.

Unfortunately, I don't grouse hunt here anymore but could tell you of a few spots that used to hold birds.

In terms of deer hunting, again, I hunt at a camp, and then bowhunt on a few private properties, but could tell you of a few good areas.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
northbaydude

Post by northbaydude »

that will be great Peach. Thnaks for replying back so quick. Yea if you could help me with an area for deer and grouse that will be awsome. Do you keep your crossbow cocked while hunting for grouse and walk with it cocked or cock it when you see a bird? thanks
Northbaydude
Looking for hunting groups and/or frineds in North Bay Ontario area
Peach

Post by Peach »

I don't bird hunt with the bow. If I did, I would not walk with it cocked...you have plenty of time to cock the bow...grouse aren't all that skittish.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String