1st X-Bow buck and thank you to Excalibur & *Pydpiper*

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

It pays to do your research and you found the best place and people to get it CONGRATS!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Arkbow

Buck

Post by Arkbow »

M_E_R_C_Y!! a tip of the camo hat to ya; welcome
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
scout22

Post by scout22 »

Thanks for the welcome.

The deer is at the taxidermist and it was taken in Southwest Missouri.

I have archery hunted since I was eleven, but I developed a back problem. I tried the draw lock and was able to take a couple nice bucks, but with so many moving parts I didn't have faith in it after the countless times I had to retune my equipment.

I love how simple and effective the Excalibur crossbows are.

sumner4991 - No exit wound, so no blood on the ground. The buck went about 80 yards and piled up.

My Dad and I used a game camera for the first time this year and it paid off. Below is picture of the same buck about 45 days earlier. Amazing how much his body changed.... I thought he was a 2 1/2 year old deer on th camera but I'm pretty sure he is 3 1/2 due to his body size now.

Thanks again and Good Luck to everyone this season,

Scout22
All I need is my Equinox and a little luck ;-)
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Good Buck Good shooting
Tenn.

Equinox
MrBigSticks

Post by MrBigSticks »

congratulations and a very fine buck hope you have much more success with your excalibur, thursday morning will be my first hunt oct1 yessssssss
Team: heartstoppers
exocet 200, hawke luminated reticle scope,cow whacker bolts and 125gr slick tricks
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

Welcome thats a great buck Congratulations
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us. Nice tracking job! Without a good blood trail, did you ever think you had lost him. or could you see him from your stand?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I think the best thing about this hunt and subsequent harvest is the fact that you were successful despite the input from piper. :lol:
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

nice deer!
scout22

Post by scout22 »

sumner4991-

I didn't see the deer go down, but I heard the bolt/arrow hit the deer. It was so loud that I thought I hit the shoulder or hit a rib going in. It was dusk and I wasn't sure were I hit the deer so I came back at first light.
I always give the deer I hit plenty of time, If I'm not sure about the location of my hit. In my book if you jump the deer it's over most of the time. Even a gut shot deer should be dead in 8 hours and if you don't push them they usually don't go to far.

I was worried when I didn't find any blood or the arrow, but I marked the spot that I last saw him and went form there. It took about 15 minutes to find him. I was going slow and looking for blood.
All I need is my Equinox and a little luck ;-)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

scout22 wrote:sumner4991-

I didn't see the deer go down, but I heard the bolt/arrow hit the deer. It was so loud that I thought I hit the shoulder or hit a rib going in. It was dusk and I wasn't sure were I hit the deer so I came back at first light.
I always give the deer I hit plenty of time, If I'm not sure about the location of my hit. In my book if you jump the deer it's over most of the time. Even a gut shot deer should be dead in 8 hours and if you don't push them they usually don't go to far.

I was worried when I didn't find any blood or the arrow, but I marked the spot that I last saw him and went form there. It took about 15 minutes to find him. I was going slow and looking for blood.
Excellent job on the backing off and tracking! Pretty cool having the before and after pictures.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

Good job, I just bought the same set up as you a few months back and set it up the same as you did per pydpipers instuctions and its amazingly accurate. I hope I get similiar results this saturday.. :D
mikej

Post by mikej »

congrats on a great buck
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Rich

Post by Rich »

WOW AWESOME BUCK!!!!! And only your 4th post, can't wait to see what your posting when you reach 1000 posts.

Rich
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

dat is one nice animal!!!
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!