18 hours 'till deer opens, and my bow can't hit anything.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IAMCANADIAN

18 hours 'till deer opens, and my bow can't hit anything.

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

My full camo equinox/Lumizone.....had it shooting 3" at 50 yards with firebolts/lumenoks, 100 gr. field points.

Now fast forward to today. Shot 3 groups at 50, then moved into 20 to re-sight with some Grim Reaper's I'm doing some testing on.....2" high.

Adjust 2" down, shoot again. 4" low and 6" right

Take another shot to remove user error, puts the arrow OVER the top LEFT of the target.

1 Firebolt, one Grim Reaper and one Lumenok GONE.

Change back to field points, aim for dead center of target....bow shoots a 12" 3 shot group.

Needless to say, I'm tired, sore, and a little P.O'd.

I've checked my mounts, checked the screws, checked everything, and I'm still getting a 12" spread between shots.....AND my reticle has gone out of level .

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this new LumiZone should NOT be wearing the Excalibur name.......Looks like one of us isn't hunting the opener :?
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
lscha

Post by lscha »

Yikes!! I'd be frantic!! If it is a LumiZone issue, better it happened now instead of on a deer.

I would be locating a VariZone quick and slappin' that on the bow and sighted in within an hour. Worry about the Lumi problem later. Either way, Lumi is warranted and you could sell the Vari if you chose.

This is another reason I'm sighting in with the peeps after the season. In case of emergency!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Rich

Post by Rich »

I had a similar problem and found my bolts that tighten the head to the rail were slightly loose and would shift everytime I cocked the bow. It is probably to late to get a new scope under warranty unless you drove straight to Excal. I'd pop a gun scope, red dot scope or switch to the factory peep sight to get me by until the new scope arrives.

Rich
Last edited by Rich on Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

I didn't get factory peeps with the bow, and the closest bow shop is over an hour away.....not gonna happen.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

thats not good, Ischa gave good info. thats why i have another scope as back-up & a red/gn dot. i have access to 4 scopes with-in min's in case i need to
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
saxman

Post by saxman »

Take a break and start over.
Check everything for tightness.
Make sure the arrow is tight aginst the string.
Good luck.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

saxman wrote:Take a break and start over.
Check everything for tightness.
Make sure the arrow is tight aginst the string.
Good luck.
Oh believe me, it's been checked.....been shooting competetively for 20+ years, so I've seen what loose screws can do. Everything is tight, it's the scope. The fact that the entire recticle has rotated 7.5 degrees should have tipped me off I guess :roll:

The worst part is that I just did a quick search here for "Lumizone" and it turns out that I am FAR from the first person to have these issues....why the high # of problems?
Last edited by IAMCANADIAN on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Give us a call and we can UPS a scope to you immediately, but unless you drive down here I can't replace it before tomorrow morning.
The good news is that deer season lasts 3 months though, so all isn't lost.
We will replace it with one of the very newest LZs, and warranty concerns with them so far have been very uncommon (thank God).
Sorry about the problem and hang in there, we'll get you out there as quick as possible..........Bill
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Bill T wrote:Give us a call and we can UPS a scope to you immediately, but unless you drive down here I can't replace it before tomorrow morning. The good news is that deer season lasts 3 months though, so all isn't lost.
We will replace it with one of the very newest LZs, and warranty concerns with them so far have been very uncommon (thank God). Sorry about the problem and hang in there, we'll get you out there as quick as possible..........Bill
Another very good example of the best sort of customer support and service.

We are so fortunate to have a manufacturer that stands behind us like Bill does!

You can't ask for more than that, 'CANADIAN. :D

I hope you get it all straightened out soon.
Grizz
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

every manufacturer is going to have some problems, its inevitable, the difference is that excalibur goes above and beyond expectations.
Last edited by one shot scott on Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Shows in your signiture that you own 2 excalipur crossbows. Use the other one . Someone has not practised over the summer!!! Got a scope off a rifle you could line up for 25 yards? I could lend you factory scope or peep sights if you want to drive to Meaford or maybe I could meet you in Wasaga Beach pmed you my phone number
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

Hi Guys. A buddy of mine just got a new package that he hasn't put together yet, so we are using his scope for now.

Bill~He says he knows you (Ryan), and he'll call you sometime in the next couple of days to arrange an exchange.

Thanks all.

Craig.
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

wheelie wrote:Shows in your signiture that you own 2 excalipur crossbows. Use the other one . Someone has not practised over the summer!!! Got a scope off a rifle you could line up for 25 yards? I could lend you factory scope or peep sights if you want to drive to Meaford or maybe I could meet you in Wasaga Beach pmed you my phone number
Thanks for the offer, but taken care of.

Oh yeah, and:

#1. Two bows, two hunters.....hence my statement that *one* of us wont be hunting the opener

#2. I probably put more arrows down range in a week than most do in a season....no lack of practice here. This is about the 15th time this bow has been used...it just quit.
DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Now that is what I call service!
[url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_17947.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/725352.gif[/img][/url][url=http://avatars.jurko.net][img]http://img1.jurko.net/01.jpg[/img][/url]
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

hear ya, got both my crossbows lent out tomorrow and I am using my compound.