GOOSE CALL

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xhunter

GOOSE CALL

Post by xhunter »

Hi Everybody

I am new to Goose hunting, just got a spot to hunt goose. So excited!

I want to buy a goose call, any suggestion?

Lebaron has Knight & Hale's Pit Boss and Pit Magic calls.

Are they good?

thanks

x
X - FOR XBOW
Petersen

Post by Petersen »

I always have used a P.S. OLT model A-50. I called in competition for several years with this call and always did well. To be honest with you, I am not even sure if they still sell this call, but it is one of the best sounding calls I have ever had. Might be worth trying to find one. This one is about 10 years old now, and was custom tuned by my dad at the time. From what I remember, they are pretty simple to tune yourself. Just move things around till you get the sound you like. Hope this helps....

Good luck on your search....If mine finally decides to break I guess I'll be in the same boat you are in.... :cry:

Wouldn't be hunting...if you got them all the time!
Boo

Post by Boo »

The Big River flute is easy to use but not a long range or versatile call. The Primos Honky Tonk is cheap, loud and versatile. The Loud Mouth Goose Calls' Canada No 400 is better but more money. The most responsive goose call I own is the Foiles Migrators "Strait Meat Honker", the price sucks. I have a hard time bringing myself to buy it but it is better. The flute works so easily and sounds so good but when the geeese get 100+ yards away you need a short reed like the other three.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xhunter

Post by xhunter »

Thanks guys ^_^

Really appreciate your help.

x
X - FOR XBOW
cop614

call

Post by cop614 »

DAVID WELSH MAKES A GREAT CALL YOU CAN E/MAIL HIM AT
[email protected]