BuckBlaster Broadhead???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bojangles

BuckBlaster Broadhead???

Post by bojangles »

I am thinking about trying the BuckBlaster Broadheads from TrophyRidge.
Does my phoenix have enough KE for me to use them and get a passthrough?It has a 2-3/4 inch cutting diameter and is fixed head with expandable in one head...whats your thoughts?
Big D

Post by Big D »

I used the buckblaster for my first 15 crossbow deer harvest. Which included 5 total buck kills and also my first buck ever in 1996. I was using the barnett demon at the time which is a bow they have not made for years. This crossbow only shot around 265 feet per sec. The 2-3/4 inch cut from the buckblaster did make a big hole but the 3 expandable blades were bent bad and could not be used again. From this bow the heads would fly 4-5 inches high to the right from my target tips with 2219 alum. so I glued the 3 blades shut with super glue and sighted in the head like any other fixed head. If you could get the buckblaster to fly well it would be a great broadhead but again don't plan on shooting it twice. Good luck if you use the buckblasters they are devastating on the deer huge blood trail. I found every deer i hit with this head and unfortunately some were not great shots. I can remember a few bad hits and the deer would not go far. Just remember to glue one head when you sight it in and use it over and over and screw a new one on and go hunting otherwise you will be buying alot of buckblasters.

Good luck Big D

Favorite Bible verse: John 3:16
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You will probably need the brass inserts and that's it. Plenty of KE. It takes 10 extra KE to open the blades and probably 20 extra KE to push all that through. Your bow has PLENTY.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

they will open a deer up...I shot one wiuth a buckblaster had a friend help me find it...when he saw they HOLE it left in it he could not believe a broadhead did that..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!