what do you take with you in tree stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

northbaydude

what do you take with you in tree stand

Post by northbaydude »

I have a climbing tree stand and I used it for the first time today and had some difficulty with all the stuff I had on me( aback pack full of stuff including a book etc. I was wondering what everyone else take up to their climbing tree stand and how far up do you go? and how do u manage things like your crossbow and nature call etc. I had my cross bow on a sling hanging to my neck together with my (electronic) call and binoculars. I did not drink or eat anything from 7-7 so I don t have to have nature calling. It rained most part of the day and I used all the calls on my card and saw not a thing all day. i can for sure use some suggestions and advice. Thanks.
Northbaydude
Looking for hunting groups and/or frineds in North Bay Ontario area
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i use a small backpack, it holds my knife my camera my hoist cords fer CB & pack with arrow quiver. TP, extra string & stringer, rag to wipe hands off if i take a deer. thats it unless i plan on an all day then i take couple sandwiches & water to drink. oh yeah i have a p bottle fer relief.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

binos, camera, compass/ gps , couple of flashlights, extra batteries , mutli tools and hex wrenches gutting knife and sharpneer, snacks and drinks, t paper, deer seals , deer calls cell phone i thinks thats it ...
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

I carry way too much.

Back pack with pruners, small 1st aid kit, buck bomb, thermos, lunch, wind checker, ropes, extra string, cocking rope, binoculars, grunt, doe bleat, space blanket, pencils, duct tape, arrow puller, cover scent, large ziplocks, gloves, ... and probably more...
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Water, 2 knifes, cover scent, rope, string, wallet, truck keys, cocking aid, calls, cell phone, going to add camera,all in a fanny pack.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

Oh almost forgot ... knife, handgun, wallet, keys, water, lighter, flash light, blood tracking light, cell phone, ...

Good hunting!!
northbaydude

Post by northbaydude »

dlzinck......where do you keep your back pack? do you use a climber? or ladder/fixed stand? Thanks.
Northbaydude
Looking for hunting groups and/or frineds in North Bay Ontario area
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

Last time out, I had my back pack attached to my climber. Didnt like that much weight attached to the climber. On Tuesday I'm going to try attaching the ExoMax to the climber and carry the back pack like a suit case (it has a handle right in the middle). If I don't like that, I'm going to try and downsize and go to the fanny pack / belt pack.

Good hunting!!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i tie my pack on the back of my climber & tote CB in my hand. my pack weighs maybe 8-10 lbs & climber 21 lbs so about 30 lbs total. thats enough fer me.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
exokidd

Post by exokidd »

handgun??? LOL!!
May the scope be clear and the big racks in range!!
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have my Jeep fairly close to where my stands and blinds are.
I take the back seat out and I put a Large heavy duty storage box with everything I would ever need so I carry a fanny pack with water,knife (Kodi-Pac),calls,gloves and face mask,thermacell,range finder,crossbow tools,string,stringer,rope cocker,binocular,extra medication should I find the need to stay,cell phone,food
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I take very little , travel very lite with small fanny pack, gloves, flash light, head lamp, cell in my pocket, knife on my hip I know where I'm at where I hunt. new woods I travel the same way except I take a compass. Looks like some of you guys are going on a expedition :lol: :lol: just kidding you need everything thats been mention on this thread at one time or another

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

exokidd wrote:handgun??? LOL!!
Yep. Don't leave home without it!!

Good hunting!!
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

If the weather keeps up like this I am thinking of taking my fishing rod in the stand!
Lots of rain here the last few days! :cry:
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

I have found over the years that the least amount you take the better off you are. However, I almost always take water and an apple or two. Hunting license, pull-up rope and strap, binoculars and sometimes a range finder.

No matter if I am using the climber or a different stand, I never take anything up with me. I use this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

for pulling up the bow. For pulling up the fanny pack with the other goodies I use a small pull-up rope.

When descending, I simply reverse the operation. It is crazy to be carrying anything up into the tree with you. Use a pull-up to do that after you are strapped in.
Keep smiling!
Dennis