How exciting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

How exciting

Post by mdcrossbow »

Last night at the close of the day I was sitting in a stand about 35 yards inside the woods watching a over grown field at a lease I had not hunted since 86. I had my 14 year old friend that my wife tough last year and needs a father figure hunting with me. It was getting late and I hear him call out from down the hill about 100 yards figured he was heading back to the truck but I had some day light left with the sun setting over the field. Then I see him , big body buck, he is about 75 yards just coming off the field and nibbling on acorns I give a low grunt and he turned ya baby! But then I hear DAVE! where are you ? LOL O well he will be there on Monday I HOPE but I need to check on Sane. Turned out he got turned around in the woods and couldn't find the trail. I asked him if he had a flash light before we went in and he said he did. Apparently he wasn't listening to me when he said yes. That's one of the draw backs with these kids my wife teaches. Sp. Ed.
Anyway we had a talk about being scared in the woods during the drive home 35 minutes. I dropped him off at the grandfather house at the Cemetery where he lives and works. Sane step out told his grandfather of the hunt and says is that big buck still behind the house ! Can I shoot it. His grandfather shakes his head and says no. I tell Sane , I'll see you next Monday. So I will try another go at the big boy.

But as for now off for Va to Hunt the opener with my son Jake on Saturday. Later!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Sounds like fun . . .I hope you both get a big buck!

I'm hitting the road as soon as my daughter is ready for school. I got to drop her off on my way out of here.

Virginia bound, from the other direction. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I'm heading to Lousia County, You any where near by.
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Being invaded from north and south :lol: Good story, the young man will learn with time and you keep taking him, Edwards Ferry I'm guessing, big deer up that way, good luck you guys

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Edwards Ferry is an awesome area. Big Bucks and big doe's.

Thanks Wes.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Good for you for taking out a young person! Exciting to have that encounter with the buck - I'll bet it whet your appetite to get back out there and have another meet-up! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.