beware of thieves

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

beware of thieves

Post by gogo »

Hunted my ladder stand this morning no hits runs or errors. Wind picked up and rain started so I decided to use my ground blind. When I went into the woods I found it was gone. Sometime in the last three weeks someone stole it.My wife is really upset she gave it to me for christmas and I hadn't even used it once. Lovely isn't it. So beware of the lowlifes out there.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Are you sure it didn't blow away or wash away?
I had one stolen by a small creek that flooded. :wink:
Found it about 200 yards downstream in about the same (well used) state it was in before the flood. :lol:
wabi
gogo

Post by gogo »

The ground blind was staked down and covered with branches. All they left me were the stakes and branches.
TECOXE

thieves

Post by TECOXE »

I here what you're saying. I hunt a small private lot and when I went out 2 weeks ago to check my ladder stand I found it had checked out!
So i went to my other ladder stand and guess what.............it checked out too!
I'd like to catch the SOB and check him out.
BigDogKahuna

Post by BigDogKahuna »

I had a $600.00 4x6 aluminum Tower Stand stolen. We assume from the tire tracks that they backed up a trailer, unscrewed the tiedowns and lowered in the trailers. Stole the 2 chairs along with the blind. They also had to cut through the lock at the gate to get into the field. Usually I consider Hunters an honest bunch but I guess there are bad apples everywhere.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Really sorry to hear about that guy.
philman

Post by philman »

I know the feeling. Two years ago I had a ground blind 2 portable stands and a latter stand stolen from me about $1000 worth within one week from the opener. Some guys are just @ssh*les. What goes around comes around my friend.
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

For my own sake, I hope I don't catch someone taking any of my stands.
I come by my name honestly.
gogo

Post by gogo »

Bugs My groundblind was in Niagara Falls they used an ATV to come in and out.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Geez, I can't believe all this equipment is getting stolen. I find it really easy to come by. I find treestands and blinds just lying around all over the woods - free for the pickens. Why steal it when it's just lying there? :shock: Just kidding. But seriously, I hate thieves!

I like to think of hunters as being on a higher level of ethics and morality than the general public. But I'm always reminded there are some bad apples.

I just hope none of these aholes are on this forum. I wonder if there's a loser-hunter-thief.net type forum where they get together and chat about their "scores"?

And I can't believe how brazen some of these guys are. I'm thinking if I'm the thief, am I going to back my truck right up to some armed guy's kit and throw it in the back of my truck? What if the hunter's just around the next tree loading his rifle? :shock:

I'm just thankful that even though we have plenty of aholes (during the rifle season) where I hunt, at least we don't have thieves. But then again, the law takes care of itself where I hunt and that tends to keep people a little more honest.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

our shot gun hunting group just had 1 of our ladder stands stolen.... :evil: i wish i would catch him funny thing is these guys dont care i dont think they are even true hunters!! :evil:
WISH I COULD SHOOT A DEER SOMEDAY!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i don't concider those who take them to be real hunters. just low life slobs. sorry fer your loss & all the rest y'all also. i have had half a dz taken. those type of ppl rob & steal from yer homes too while yer working.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I've had my fair share of gear stolen, ranging from tree steps to cameras to rifles. But the one thing they could never steal was my persistance. A few years ago I had my .45-70 stolen one week prior to my week long bear hunt. I was super pissed, of course, but I didn't let that stop me from getting out there and hunting. I managed to get my first bear that hunt.

I'm not saying I would be friendly towards them if they were caught in the act, but I won't let them stop me from doing what I do!!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

i i went out to 2 weeks before opener and my laddre stand i bought for me and my daugheter to hunt from together (she's only 5) this is the only stand she was able to get into. If i find out who stool it LOOK out!!! Steal from is one thing but i bought it specifactly for her and iam not happy, nor is she as i have nowear to take her now i gota figure somthin out?? :twisted:
blondeee

Post by blondeee »

We too had a tree stand and a ladder stand stole this past month. These people call themselves humans???
I guess it is easier to steal other peoples items - rather than purchse your own. These are the people who give hunting a bad name ... and they call themselves hunters?? I firmly believe they will get what is coming to them ..... all in time.
Oh well - nobody is going to stop me from doing what I love to do .. tree stand or not....