How should I hunt tomorrow?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Corpsvette

How should I hunt tomorrow?

Post by Corpsvette »

So I am hunting on Marine Corps Base tomorrow. I got a section of land that is suppose to be fairly successful. Deer are everywhere around here. Anyway, I have a soccer game at 1000 I coach. I was thinking I would go out at 30 minutes befoe sunrise and just walk the grounds until about 0830 when I have to head back to the house for the game. Then after the game I would return and put up a stand. Not excactly a full day of hunting but better than nothing. You think the walking around before hand is a bad idea? I figure I could scout for a good tree stand area and maybe walk up on a decent shot. Just seems everyone hunts from a stand. Next Tuesday I get an uninterrupted day of hunting on the mainside where the deer are over populated. That must be in a tree stand Can't wait
Excalibur Equinox In Hands
Oh yes, I am a new CB addict!
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

It sounds like you have a plan already! Go for it and good luck.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Boo

Post by Boo »

I would think you should get your butt out there at least an hour before sun up to catch the action,
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Your on the right track except for one thing, while your doing that walking take that bow with you loaded and kill something while your out there, you never know?

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Corpsvette

Post by Corpsvette »

Sorry folks, I meant to say I would definitely have my crossbow loaded and ready to go on the first hunt before the soccer game. It did sound like I was just scouting. I will definitely be hunting, just for a few hours before the soccer game. Thanks for the replies.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Get in the woods and go for it. My Dad allways told me when i was young you can not catch anything if your lines not in the water. This works for hunting allso :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Corpsvette

Post by Corpsvette »

Okay, back from my morning hunt. I saw tons of deer heading out. ONce in my area, I walked a fire break and saw lots of tracks but no deer. As soon as I got back to my truck, I saw a ton of deer on the side of the road laughing at me. No, really they were laughing. Thats okay, cause I told them I would be back in a few hours when they least expected it. :D