I went to church this morning.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

B-Logger

I went to church this morning.

Post by B-Logger »

The church I attended wasn't awash in religious rituals. My seat wasn't a polished wood pew and there were no hymnals or bibles at the church I attended. Nevertheless, the spirit of God enveloped me. I could feel His presence.

I go to church early this time of year. This Sunday morning was not all that different than other Sunday mornings. I was greeted by the pre-dawn moon and stars. Silent night. All is calm. The moon lighted my way to my seat. As I sat quietly in the dark morning allowing the cold breeze to wash my face, the pink hint of a new day filled the sky. No artist could paint the canvas I witnessed this morning-or any other sunrise or sunset. It was as if God was gave me a front row seat to watch the rebirth of a new day. It was spectacular.

The steeples of my church are not straight. There no crosses atop them and they bend in the wind. But the steeples in my church still arch towards the sky, as if to pay homage to their creator. They are prettier than any man-made church steeple. I feel at home in their perch.

Though I was the only person in my church, the spirit of fellowship was strong. The choir was wonderful as usual. I was serenaded to any number of beautiful songs by the birds who signaled the arrival of dawn. I closed my eyes and let them sing their songs to me. I smiled. How Great Thou Art.

As the dawn's light opened my sanctuary to my tired, old eyes, I slowly and quietly turned my head to and fro to see what other of God's creatures was in my sanctuary. The gray body of a whitetail deer materialized out of the fog seventy yards in front of me and then disappeared back into the sanctuary. Squirrels chattered. The distant sound of ducks added to the splendor. I thanked God for being alive to witness the beauty of His creatures, both great and small.

Dead leaves quietly drifted to the forest floor. As I watched individual leaves fall and coat the forest floor with their beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red, I was literally watching God's natural cycle of the Fall take place in front of me. If you haven't sat quietly in the woods and watched thousands of leaves fall lazily to the forest floor, you are missing one of God's most beautiful art shows. Go and watch this and you will thank Him for it.

Even amongst the beauty that surrounded me, my predator extinct was on full alert. That's natural, the way it is supposed to be during this season of harvest. As I slowly turned to see what was behind me, three does cautiously picked their way through the underbrush towards me. They sauntered directly under the tree I was sitting in. It wasn't time to kill. It was time to observe and learn. The time to kill and feed my family is coming soon.

Watching the deer amble by reminded me that I had a special invite to this beautiful sanctuary, which is their home and my Season Of Harvest Church. I can think clearly there, have conversations with God. In this church there is no clutter, no e-mail, no cell phone, no pagers, no one to steal my attention. I'm at peace there. I like to be alone there with just my thoughts and memories and rest and recharge my internal batteries.

In a mere few days, the woods will come alive with activity of buck deer. And I will be there in this sanctuary to bear witness to it-as I should be. To be somewhere else would be against who I am.

Something from deep inside me pulls me to Season of Harvest Church. If you listen closely, you hear the voice of God in the wind as it blows through leaves and the treetops. Enter quietly and be still and you'll be welcomed into the sanctuary where you will witness the beauty that God has created.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
Old Exocet

Post by Old Exocet »

True...

And profound in its simplicity and reality.

Openess of the soul...

A good read, Thanx.
Old Exocet

Post by Old Exocet »

Strangely enough...My experience says the best days for deer are the most beautiful. Is it Zen of mind...or just the point where one contacts the world around them..... Its all good.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Can I get a Hallelujah!
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Thanks for sharing that B-Logger. Experiencing God's creation is certainly a blessing...maybe especially in the fall season.

Long
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

Hallelujah!!!! ....and Amen!
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Nothing beats watching the woods wake up in the morning. Nice read.

DuckHunt
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I think I am a member in good standing at your church, Blogger! :D However my wife attends a different denomination. :cry:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Arkbow

Harvest Church

Post by Arkbow »

I have been a member for many years now; I feel God everytime I go to his church; it's trully a wonderful place to be;

Thanks for sharing and for a wonderful read... :wink:
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
maple

Post by maple »

I know that church! The spirit is strong, even in the back pew.

Maple
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

Amen!
Missouri_Hunter

Post by Missouri_Hunter »

thanks for sharing...and I feel the same way...
John Rogers
Florissant, MO
US ARMY (Retired)
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/johnrogers59/HPIM0800.jpg[/img]

2006 Exocet 200, Max Zone Scope,
Groundpounder Mount, Steady Eddy
Gold Point Lazer II's, 100 gr. G5 Montecs
hawg hunter

your church

Post by hawg hunter »

I was hawg huntin one sunday morn on top of this high hill. My dogs were running through the valley baying. My buddy said he had to get back to go to church. There was a fog in the valley and the full moon was settin and the sun was coming up both at the same point on the horizon. My answer was why go to church when your in the temple of God. no more was said.
spaerorob

Re: your church

Post by spaerorob »

hawg hunter wrote:I was hawg huntin one sunday morn on top of this high hill. My dogs were running through the valley baying. My buddy said he had to get back to go to church. There was a fog in the valley and the full moon was settin and the sun was coming up both at the same point on the horizon. My answer was why go to church when your in the temple of God. no more was said.
Could not agree more so true.