Another Ohio buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I have zero problem with anyone taking ANY deer they want. If you live were 200 inchers just aren't possible, if your pressed for time or can't afford to pass on a deer, thats fine. I glad to have any fellow hunter legally pursuing the greatest game animal in the world; everyone's welcome. The problem I have (and have had for years) is people around me shooting 100 inch bucks because they believe those are the biggest bucks around. I feel absolutely blessed to live where I do, because Ohio has great deer.
Mike P wrote: So fess up Kenton, you have seen a bigger buck then this one haven't you!
Oh yeah, and thats why I hope I would pass on that buck. I have seen 4 bucks that would go over 190". One went about 220, one was over 200 until one of his droptines broke. and one would have been scored typical.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Gobble!

Post by Gobble! »

thats a monster
Equinox
Vari-Zone
STS
Rage 2 Blade
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Mike P wrote:
Seeing bucks like that on trail cams is like viewing antler p o r n.
Did your gun just go off Mike P.? :lol:

Not sure why, but, those antlers look out of place on that buck. Maybe it's because I've never seen anything like it in person. :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

There does seem to be a transitional phase in most hunters lives, no matter what continent. As a kid i dearly loved to read of the old lion and tiger hunters who had had taken many prized tropies over their careers, finally retired, and came out of retirement to help harvest some renegade man-killers.

An ethical hunter learns to respect his quarry over time and often this leads to a type of reverance for the species in general, but the big old brutes in particular. The few hunters that are able to arrive at that point seem to harvest fewer and fewer deer, but enjoy it even more. They usually gravitate towards the managment, convservation side of the issue.
Missouri_Hunter

Post by Missouri_Hunter »

Very nice Buck...antler p o r n indeed :lol:
John Rogers
Florissant, MO
US ARMY (Retired)
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/johnrogers59/HPIM0800.jpg[/img]

2006 Exocet 200, Max Zone Scope,
Groundpounder Mount, Steady Eddy
Gold Point Lazer II's, 100 gr. G5 Montecs
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Alot of times through the year I hate Ohio but it sure comes alive during deer season. Gotta love Ohio deer!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
catcher

Post by catcher »

Mike P wrote.

I watched a 200 inch buck feed in a white oak grove fifty yards from my stand for half an hour in October of 2001. I have never been the same since.

You should try missing a 200 + inch buck at twenty yards. I still think of that day every day and loose sleep about that. And that was 12 years ago. But in my mind it was yesterday. The worst part about it is that 4 days later he was shot with a gun and I got to actually touch his horns. Oh ya did I mention he had 2 drop tines and 30 inch beams. :cry:
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings