this weeks Cuddeback pics(moved a stand)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

this weeks Cuddeback pics(moved a stand)

Post by crazyfarmer »

I checked my camera on the way out from one of my stands this morning and it had a few decent pics. Im after 2 other bucks in this woods, but I got 2 new ones on camera this week I havent seen. My stand is about 100 yards down the field from this camera and I havent seen a deer from it yet in 2 hunts. From this camera, Ive learned that most of the bucks are coming out above me. They have a set trail they use right now. Well after seeing this pics and the ones the weeks before I opted to get a ladder stand down from another field and move to within 50 yards of this camera on these trails. They are bedding close so I was in and out in 10 mins with a friends help and didnt trim the first limb. Ill see if it pays off today if the wind dies out. These deer are heading to a hayfield of ours thats got young clover coming up. This small area is loaded with rubs, while 100 yards down the woods I dont have any sign. Hopefully Ive found the funnel and the guessing game ends for one of these deer.

cheese!! This isnt the biggest one in this woods, but he's a mature shooter.

this guys 2.5 years old and has ALOT of potential for non typical status! Very narrow spread with a small kicker. I hope he makes it another year!

another pic at 7:30pm(getting close to still moving in daylight). I cant tell if this the the first buck up top. He looks like him, but his G3 looks shorter than the top buck on his right side. They could be brothers also. This pic leads me to believe they are bedding very close to this field since the time was 7:30(10mins after dark) *just verified that it is a different deer from older pictures. They are either twins or father and son) This one is the older of the 2 by the facial features
B-Logger

Post by B-Logger »

Wow, I had a buck on cam a few years ago that looked very much like that guy! Sadly, I got 3 pictures of him but never say him while hunting. As far as I know, nobody else saw him either. Probably died of old age.
Keep smiling!
Dennis
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

B-Logger wrote:Wow, I had a buck on cam a few years ago that looked very much like that guy! Sadly, I got 3 pictures of him but never say him while hunting. As far as I know, nobody else saw him either. Probably died of old age.
I wouldnt have the slightest idea these bucks were there without the camera. This spot doesnt have huge bucks, but its 4-5 in there which are shooters. Right now im focusing on the highest buck ratio woods and plus the fact that I wont hunt this block after October since the landowner ML'er hunts it.

its amazing whats there in which we never see!!!
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

great pics crazy
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote:
I wouldnt have the slightest idea these bucks were there without the camera.
And there are so many more there that you have not seen! :D

I am willing to wager you will see a very good buck this year that you have not captured with the cams in an area you have hunted many times.

It happens to us every year.
saxman

Post by saxman »

So thats what a deer looks like :?
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

saxman wrote:So thats what a deer looks like :?
What's those forked looking things on their heads sax? Most of the ones I shoot don't have that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CF - #3 looks like he has potential to grow. :wink:
Not going to admit whether I'd shoot or pass, though. :lol:
Depends on the date and what the season has shown me so far, but most years I'd put the Excalibur on autopilot so my thought process wouldn't interfere!
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I think the third one is actually goinh downhill. I would say he's over 4.5 years old. Just not much rack. I'm in the stand now so hopefully one comes by