Treestands shooting:

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

axis

Treestands shooting:

Post by axis »

When hunting from a treestsand how do you shoot at the target? If you don't have a rangefinder that tells you the angle distance. Do you shoot lower? Or it depends if its at 20,30,or 40 years how you shoot at the target. I have order a Treestand to hunt from. I'll do some shooting from it, before hunting from it. I'm shooting a Exomax............

Axis
Last edited by axis on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cop614

Post by cop614 »

i mark my yards off on the ground 20 and 30 from the bottom of my tree stand then just hold right on when in tree stand
Migabby

Distance

Post by Migabby »

There are 4 factors to take in consideration, Arrow speed, height. base distance, an angle distance, however the angle distance ( hypotnuse ) will be greater than the Base distance. but the arrow speed can over come the greater distance of the angle. So, in a nutshell, mark your base distances off, the closer the tighter and farther, just shoot a tad lower! :lol:

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
axis

Exomax

Post by axis »

I'm shooting a Exomax.

Axis
IAMCANADIAN

Post by IAMCANADIAN »

I figured out a formula that works well for my Equinox....at 10&20 use the 10 yard pin, at 30 use 20, at forty use between the 40 and 50 (like 45)

My stand height is 19' to the rail, and this works well.
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

bstout wrote:I figured out a formula that works well for Shooting straight down out of your stand (deer standing approximately one yard from base of tree) is one of the toughest shots you can take.

Many don't try these up close shots and for good reason... they know they're not proficient shooting at this acute shot angle.

Many only practice taking shots they're already good at making.

What's with that! :wink:
I can hit where I am at this angle, but how do I get a double lung shot while shooting straight down. All things being equal, I can hit the spine from this angle...

I don't like the shot. I don't like the angle. I won't take it.
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA