Bad Day

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

Bad Day

Post by tkstae »

Did you ever have one of those days. Went out this morning to make sure my Exocet was dead on for next weeks hunt on the Missouri Iowa line. I noticed that my string looked like it had a very small nick in it. I figured that I wouldn't take a chance so I started to change it out and see If I could get a spare in before the trip. I hooked up my stringer and started to pull it back when all heck broke loose. The hard plastic end snapped in half. I was able to find another stringer as well as a string at my sporting good store. The flemish string I bought didn't fit for what ever reason so I took it back and bought a different type. It's a model 1994 and It sits 1 1/2 back from the line on the rail of my 6 yr. old 175 lb. Exocet. Thats not right. Luckly I had a spare flemish string in my bow pack that I ordered from someone on this forum several years ago. I don't want to head out without a spare string, but I'm not sure what else I can do with me leaving next Sat. Here's a picture of the broken stringer. Image
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

yup i have saw those blue break here n there
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

The 1994 string is dacron and purposely made to be a little short - they stretch like crazy! Put it on, rub some wax in, and let the bow set for a few days (or even cock the bow and leave it overnight) - it will stretch. :wink:

BTW - it doesn't hurt to shoot it with the brace height @ 1½"
wabi
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Thanks for the advice on the dacron string. It was an inch or so past the line on my rail. Is that safe to cock and shoot that far past the line. The way my day was going I thought I better not push it. Thanks again for your help. Tom
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

It will be fine, just shoot it to make it stretch.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. :( Those blue stringing aids have been known to crack - best to trade them in for the newer black ones.

Hope you're all set up and ready to bring home the venison!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.