I have a complaint...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stash

I have a complaint...

Post by Stash »

Too many people are buying these Excalibur crossbows.

Some of you may know that I work in the archery department at the Toronto Bass Pro. I'm pretty sure we sell more crossbows here than any single other store anywhere, and frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of putting them together and showing people how to use them. I sold another dozen or so today.

Doesn't anyone want a nice Horton or Parker anymore? I'll even wipe the dust off the display models for you.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
snapperdan

Post by snapperdan »

Ask your MGR if they need a janitor? good pay sweet hours and you dont get botherd puting xbowes together :roll:
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Well I guess everyone could return them,wait that won't work then you'll have to take them apart and then put them back together cause more people will hear you have more stock and come rushing in to buy an Excalibur.
Sorry I couldn't be more help
Dereck
Tenpoint Matrix
Stash

Post by Stash »

I actually did put one together blindfolded earlier this year, and almost got it perfect. Scope crosshairs were a tiny bit off, and I had to peek once because I dropped a screw...
awshucks

Re: I have a complaint...

Post by awshucks »

Stash wrote:Too many people are buying these Excalibur crossbows.

Some of you may know that I work in the archery department at the Toronto Bass Pro. I'm pretty sure we sell more crossbows here than any single other store anywhere, and frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of putting them together and showing people how to use them. I sold another dozen or so today.

Doesn't anyone want a nice Horton or Parker anymore? I'll even wipe the dust off the display models for you.

WTF!!! You can get paid for pushing these bows? Lord Amighty, I damn sure missed the boat. :D :D :D

Bet you love your job, Stash.
"Eze 18:21"
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Its only going to get worse for you :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Stash,

If you'll allow me a serious question... Are many of those Excalibur sales helped by the fact that the CB is made in Canada? I'm OK with that if its the case, made in the USA can influence my purchasing decisions. BTW, I bought an Excalibur over a runner up Barnett.

Take care...
Stash

Post by Stash »

Without a doubt.

Our one store last year sold as many Excaliburs as all the rest of the US BP stores combined, so not doubt it's a local phenomenon. Most of our customers, even the ones new to crossbows, come in specifically looking for Excals because friends have suggested them. Often, other customers who already own Excals will even take over a sales pitch for us :)

We do sell quite a few low-end Barnetts simply because of the price point, and the Parker Buckbuster 150 gets a lot of attention because it's the best value in a compound crossbow in terms of price/quality, but after customers actually handle and try the bows, they almost always decide on the Excals.

I suspect that if we carried Ten Point bows we'd lose a few Excalibur sales in favour of them, but generally to our customers, quality, accuracy and reliability are what they want, and that's the definition of "Excalibur".

Only 5 sold today, including one of our 2 remaining Relayers. Anyone want the last one? I can probably get you 15% off :lol:
Michael Stogre

Self-assembly is still an option is it not?

Post by Michael Stogre »

Stash:

I bought my 2005 Phoenix at your store just after you started carrying
them. I had a gift certificate, a legacy of my father who had just died that year. Assembled it myself. Still works well. If you want less work tell them
to do as I did! There probably would be more than a few takers.

MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
Stash

Post by Stash »

I tell them the bows are easy to assemble and come with an instructional DVD that shows how to put them together, plus all the allen keys needed.

But most of the time a look of shock comes over them and they really, really want us to put the bows together for them.

I guess it's not a good idea to suggest to them that if they can't figure out how to assemble an Excalibur, they should maybe not be allowed to go out in the woods by themselves. :)

Slow day. Only 3 sold.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Stash wrote:Too many people are buying these Excalibur crossbows.

stash personally l like to buy mine mint in the box if your selling that many why not just have a couple of demo's there for people to view... :roll: :lol:
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Stash wrote: But most of the time a look of shock comes over them and they really, really want us to put the bows together for them.
Not me!

I prefer to buy products unassembled, in-the-box ... even ask for them that way! :P
Grizz
Vormax

Post by Vormax »

Thx btw Stash for posting the Emax sale in July/August ! Got one, love it !
Are the prices for the Tor-store on the BP-website in C$ or US$ ? Am in the market for a Phoenix and not sure if the website is giving me Can or US?

Let us know when the next xcal-sale is coming up !
Stash

Post by Stash »

blackjack wrote:...why not just have a couple of demo's there for people to view
We do keep one of every model assembled and on display.

Vormax: Everything on the website is in $US, except if you go to a Canadian store site (Toronto or Calgary) the "current circular" is in $CDN
Baycor

Post by Baycor »

BSP-Toronto? man, if you work there tell you co-worker SHE'S HOT! lol