looking for help finding a crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

markstree

looking for help finding a crossbow

Post by markstree »

hi. I'm new on this site so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place. I'm looking for a good deer hunting crossbow that will shoot good up to about 40 yards.i have a trashed right arm with 18 surgeries on it in the past 8 years. so a crossbow is a must if i want to bow hunt witch i do. money is my big factor being off work for 22 months with the latest round of surgeries so I'm looking for some thing inexpensive. any help on the topic would be great. and again I'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. thanks.
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

wabi

Post by wabi »

Check the trading post section of this forum - http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... um.php?f=4

I'd highly recommend any Excalibur made. It may cost a few more $$$ than some of the other brands, but it will be cheaper in the long run. They last forever and are backed by the best warranty (and people) in the business. Just read some of the posts here on the forum to see what kind of service Excalibur offers.
here's one example
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

Welcome friend :D
You will find lots of help here.
Most of us shoot Excaliburs and some shoot other brands,no discrimination here.
I would say to look around and shoot as many bows as you can to find the right fit for you.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
roly

Post by roly »

Welcome Mr. Markstree :D
Good luck with that arm, sounds like you been through a lot
Lots of good help here :)
bill morrison

Post by bill morrison »

i too would recommend excal. i bought mine new but after shooting it and reading this forum i would not hesitate in the least to purchase a used one off of the trading post in this forum. there are some very good deals posted on this site and i feel you would be far ahead of the game with a second hand excal over a new bow of any other brand. good luck with your recovery and let us know what you purhcase and set up.
hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

I had a seen a tryed a few different I like excalibur the best :D but you should go out and try to shoot some at different shops or speak to some retailers and ask about customer feed back on what they here about different bows. I think you will soon find your self on this site, talking to everyone here about your NEW EXCALIBUR! :D 8) Good luck!
WISH I COULD SHOOT A DEER SOMEDAY!
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

:?: watch out for slimmy sales men some will try and sell you anything . Ask alot of questions if he cant answear go somewear else
diesel

Post by diesel »

Welcome to the forum, Yes this is a great place to buy a bow . I've not had a bad deal with anyone on the forum. I have found some great deals on Craigs List. There are a lot cheap crossbows out there but there is only one Excalibur Crossbow , and they are way above the rest.
Best of luck I check this forum and Craigs List for good deals on Excalibur crossbows as often as I can.
Arkbow

Finding a crossbow

Post by Arkbow »

Welcome to the forum; you will find alot of good advice here so don't be afraid to ask any questions; we all use excaliburs which I belive to be the BEST; you can buy cheaper but you can't buy better; you might want to check out the vixen by excal; hope your arm gets better and hope you find the xbow you want;
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
markstree

thanks

Post by markstree »

well thanks you all for the help..i am out and looking..i like the x-cal best so far..thanks again
blackjack

Re: looking for help finding a crossbow

Post by blackjack »

markstree wrote:hi. I'm new on this site so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place. I'm looking for a good deer hunting crossbow that will shoot good up to about 40 yards.i have a trashed right arm with 18 surgeries on it in the past 8 years. so a crossbow is a must if i want to bow hunt witch i do. money is my big factor being off work for 22 months with the latest round of surgeries so I'm looking for some thing inexpensive. any help on the topic would be great. and again I'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. thanks.
hi & welcome to this great site. make no mistake Excalibur is the best. because of your arm problem Excalibur has a cocking device that will wind your crossbow to the fireing position at a fair price which l'm sure will be handy for you with your arm & all also dont listen to salesman they'll sell you anything go to crossbow reviews site there's some good advice on there. good luck all the best regards frank
Last edited by blackjack on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Welcome to the Family :D I am an Excalibur owner and Glad i am, They are the BEST :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

I bought a Excalibur last year and could not be happier. I did lots of research before buying and I settled on an Excalibur and glad I did.
DanO

Post by DanO »

I'd suggest reading back pages in this forum. It's really educational and it'll reduce your learning curve significantly. Lots of helpful and knowledgable people on here.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.