Fletching Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bbbwb

Fletching Question

Post by bbbwb »

I found my arrow(bolt) from the doe I shot last Monday. I cut it up wrapped and froze but tried some already and it is very good. She was very,very fat. Had a good 3/4 in of fat all over her ribs. Fattest deer I have ever butchered.
However, back to my question The one vane has a small warp in it. Can this be straightened? with hair dryer?
I have not shot it with a field point to see if it has varied in POI as yet. Just wondering if it will even make a difference?
I am sure someone has had this same occurrence and has an answer.

I don't have a camera and thus no pictures and my neighbour wasn't at home, --- sorry.

bbbwb
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

That's why I fletch my own arrows. Why worry about it. It may take away the confidence you need to make that shot on a buck of a life time.

Refletch the arrow and be done with it.
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I also shoot two does so far this season and they both were much fatter than years before.
After skinning I had cut layers and layers of fat a lot of it was close to the back near hind legs.
Are the deer getting ready for a looong winter ???? :?
Darz Bór!
diesel

Post by diesel »

I have been hunting with my son Cameron This year and we have been hunting out of a lot of ground blinds. I have crested many arrows for family and friends but I've not done any for my self. I have 2 arrows that we use for practice that the back 7 inches are painted white. All my arrows weigh the same and have the same FOC some of the practics arrow have different fletching of them.
Now do to they are practice arrows the fletching is warped. I put a Broadhead on it and made sure it shot good and he has killed both his deer this year with the same practice arrow.
So do a spin test check it for cracks and shot it if it still shoots good use it.
BUS314

heat

Post by BUS314 »

just hold the fletching high over a burner while turning it ---very high, so just a fraction of the heat reaches it. That will put it back like new.
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Just fire up a kettle of water and when it's steaming hard hold the vanes in the steam and the plastic will return to it's original, unwrinkled state. Works like a charm for both feather and plastic fletch!