Excalibur Quiver Mount Blues

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frisky

Post by frisky »

Grizz
I have a home made mount similar to Wyverns mount that DuckHunt had posted a picture of. I take the quiver off when I get to my stand. It works good for me.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Probably because otherwise somebody would say "do a search and you will find your answers as this has been talked to death" :lol:

And for some of you veterans every topic possible has been talked to death. There probably is nothing new under the sun. :P

Long
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Couldn't be without my Ground Pounder Mount.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I am some-what mount less. I use a bushnell videoscope so the groundpounder mount is out, and I also have gun grips mounted to the atv, so factory brackets are out. I attatched the plastic quiver bracket to the side of the stock on the equinox so I can put the bow in the gun grips during transport. With a sling it is also out of the way. but the quiver hood sits above the string so a shot fired with my quiver still on would be disasterous! If it were a 3 arrow quiver it would work well. I still remove the whole thing once I reach my stand though. I hate un-needed weight.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
BUS314

?????

Post by BUS314 »

DuckHunt wrote:I bought a groundpounder mount and like it better than the stock mount. I didn't like the idea of the crossbow seeming so tall. I went to the Wyvern Creations mount and love it. Its all metal and works fine with the STS since it doesn't use those mounting holes at all. I have it mounted with the standard Excal quiver. It stands up less than an inch above the rail.

Here is the photo from their web site.

If you cock/uncock by hand, then it probably isnt for you. I have an Exomax so hand cocking is beyond me.

DuckHunt
Huh??? that sure looks as though the STS would not mount because the mounting hole, although not used, is still covered up----no??
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Czy Horse

Post by Czy Horse »

I took and attached my excalibur quiver to my back pack similar to doghouse ninja's except mine is the other way around, flights down. I can reach back and get another arrow out of the quiver without removing the back pack.
Strikenmike

Post by Strikenmike »

In response to bstout's challenge about old threads, new threads, your own threads, etc. I have a lot to learn, and I rely on forums like this to help. I find this form very difficult to use. Don't get me wrong, the individual people have been very helpful when I send them a PM.

Information about a similar subject (say quiver mounts) is scattered in what seems like an endless array of threads. I belong to a truck camping forum and a diesel truck forum that have established 10-12 logical major subjects. In our case it might be "Hunting Experiences", "Strings", "Arrows", "Stands", you get the idea. Then if someone has or wants information about that subject they go to that thread and they can view old and new posts. Of course you should also be able to search.

On this site, people jump into a thread and start their own new thread about the same subject and off we go. Why should we have to tear this site apart to find information on re-serving a string. I hope I am missing something, but I find it very confusing. If there is an Forum Administrator out there somewhere, or some instruction explaining how to best use this forum, please let me know. I would also like to know if there is a way to find your individual posts.

It's early, I should be out in the deer woods, I am out of hear.
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
Phoenix. 400 Gr Gold Tip w/100Gr. Muzzy, 2"blazers, brass inserts, 1/2 alum knock insert.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

As far as asking questions on the forum, ask away. No one should get offended for asking questions. Thats the main purpose of the forum. Most will jump at the chance to answer a question even if it is one that is repeated.
You can also search by author with the search tool.
Why ride when you can walk!
hiking

Post by hiking »

I have the groun pounder mount and am totally satisfied, great mount.
exocet 200
Strikenmike

Post by Strikenmike »

I searched on "strings" or "string maintenance", I don't remember which and it came back with about 1500 "threads" and 2800 "posts". Why not simply have those all under one category called "strings" since we all have string issues, then simply show the latest posts on "strings" first. If you want to see what bstout, or any other individuals has to say about "strings" you could search within that subject for that individual.

Yesterday I asked another specific question. Is there a way to find all of your posts. I sometimes post a question, then I can't find it anymore to see if anyone cares to respond.

Finally, two trucks pulled into my hunting area yesterday with a trailer and two ladder stands. I have had written permission to hunt that small woodlot for 9 years. Man gets out, eventually finds me 20 feet up in a lock-on stand.
After exchanging pleasantries, he informs me that he is the farm manager at a local bank (I new that because I new him in a past life), that he was now managing this farm and that I would no longer be able to hunt it. Well ain't that a fine kettle of fish.

After more talking, it was agreed that I could hunt through next weeks shotgun season, then he would call and let me know what my final fate would be, after talking to the owner. As a Farm Manager he no doubt has access to hundreds of acres to hunt...but he wants more, because he can.

Really getting tough here in Illinois. I may have to start hunting public land, or just hang it up.

Enough whining, I am out of here,
Strikenmike
Tight Lines & Ten Rings
Phoenix. 400 Gr Gold Tip w/100Gr. Muzzy, 2"blazers, brass inserts, 1/2 alum knock insert.