Is it time to start Grunting and Spraying in Western PA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dlzinck

Is it time to start Grunting and Spraying in Western PA

Post by dlzinck »

Haven't been in the woods in about a week. I'm going out again on Friday. I would think we should be entering into a pre-rut, early rut stage in south western PA. Has anyone seen any signs of this yet? Is it time to try my Buck Roar Grunt yet??? Should I be using my doe in estrus buck bomb... or is it still a bit early?

What do you think???
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
barnett

Post by barnett »

I have seen one scrape and one rub thats it but called in a buck already with the true talker by HS and deer can by primos.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Buck roar is for the pre rut and rut. Way to early yet
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Things will warm up in a week or so, seen bucks chaseing for the last three days, no big boys yet, it's close, new moon will kick it in for sure. just my thoughts, I don't use any calls can't help you there

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
dlzinck

Post by dlzinck »

crazyfarmer wrote:Buck roar is for the pre rut and rut. Way to early yet
OK so how about the doe bleat can?
[img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/dlzinck/arrow.gif[/img]

Good hunting!!
Pround member of Team PETA
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

when I was feeding the "pets" last night I had a 5 point jump my fence and chase the does that were 5 yards from me. Had his head down and grunting up a storm. Then he comes back to where I'm standing whating for the does to come back. I got the pic on my Cheap trailcam post. Pennsylvania is starting to heat up.
deer jamie

Re: Is it time to start Grunting and Spraying in Western PA

Post by deer jamie »

dlzinck wrote:Haven't been in the woods in about a week. I'm going out again on Friday. I would think we should be entering into a pre-rut, early rut stage in south western PA. Has anyone seen any signs of this yet? Is it time to try my Buck Roar Grunt yet??? Should I be using my doe in estrus buck bomb... or is it still a bit early?

What do you think???
I got the buck roar with weeeez. the weeeezz works awesome i used it last yr in the rut and it makes bucks turn a 360 and b line it strait for you . In my experences anyway. Numerous time ied see a buck ied grunt and call hed look but carry on is way ONE snort on the weeeez and the head pops around and they become very keen it really catches there attention!!!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

dlzinck wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote:Buck roar is for the pre rut and rut. Way to early yet
OK so how about the doe bleat can?
any doe in heat bleats need to wait untill the week of the pre rut or rut... if you use now, you could just scare away anything thats close.

now a few light grunts or light rattling could work.. deer are feeling each other out now and most bucks are still grouped together. The little 1/5 year olds are starting to touch racks now for fun.

when yo usee bucks grunting and dogging does then the calls will start to work. If you use now, usually you just educate the deer and they will avoid them later on. Thats one big issue with calls. Most start using them hard the first week of season when they really only have a good 2 week time frame to where they work good:) :lol: