Will an STS void the warranty?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

camoman

Will an STS void the warranty?

Post by camoman »

I have read that the STS may damage the bow. Is this true? And does anyone know if it will void the warranty if you use one?
saxman

Post by saxman »

I cant give you an Official answer as I don't work for Excalibur but I cant see how it would void your warranty
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Over the years I have seen a lot of people screw a lot of stuff to their bows, none affected their warranty in my recolection.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
greener

STS

Post by greener »

Camoman; The STS system is simply a string suppression system , similar to what is installed on most higher-end compound bows. The STS is simply bolted to the riser, there are no moving parts. This stops the string from oscillating after the shot more quickly , therby reducing vibration and in turn noise. I have the STS installed on a Y25 and Vortex, ( both 200lb. bows ) . In fact this system can prevent damage when a dry fire occurs and would therfore reduce the chance of having warranty work performed. I would be interested in knowing what damage the STS system would cause, that you indicated you had read about.
camoman

Post by camoman »

I read it on this forum about 3 days ago, but I dont remeber what search I was doing. It was talking about the string stopping prematurely and possibly damaging the limbs and the string. It seemed feasible to me that the string should travel somewhat past the scribed mark when delivering its energy to the arrow or it would lose some of it. I was just looking for others opinions of it before I put one on mine. I agree that you will never totaly eliminate the noise of the crossbow or even a recurve but I think that a deer is less likely to be startled by a lesser noise than a loud one.
Gobble!

Post by Gobble! »

it helps more than it could ever hurt
Equinox
Vari-Zone
STS
Rage 2 Blade
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

Seems to me that if it were an issue, it would be known here. Apparently it is not known here, so.....

My Vortex is equipped with a nice system, but it was more to reduce vibrations than noise. Most set their STS nipples just off the string, but mine is a bit further away, and seems to be best there. There is a slow motion video that was posted here not long ago that shows a bow post shot. You could see the limbs wiggling, the scope was gyrating, and the string went back and forth, back and forth. I imagine a slow motion video with an STS installed would be similar is most respects, with the string contacting and comming away, the limbs would still flex, the scope would still oscillate- just alot less.

The noise will change pitch, the bow will defintely feel differently, and I feel it aids with my accuracy. Unless someone that represents Excal says to take it off, mine stays.

Arrows and strings and quiver mounts are next- friend. I am afraid they have got you right where they want you. Don't bother running, it is too late. You will have to go all covert and disquise the payments from her. Perhaps making statements regarding how much safer the bow is will get you by, at least until the arrows start arriving. Yes sir, some are just destined to be passed around, I mean destined for greatness. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex