have i screwed myself???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WAB

have i screwed myself???

Post by WAB »

well sat in my stand last night, just before dark, 4 does and 2 fawns came walking by, just out of range. I waited about 20 minutes before deciding I had to get home, was getting dark, as I lowered my crossbow down to the ground, it touched a branch making a crack....boom out jumps one of the fawns, 10 feet from the base of my stand. She did not seem spooked at all...curious, mom snorted twice so I waited more, the fawn just would not leave, I stood up, undid my harness, climbed down, untied my bow, and started to walk out, I did not make eye contact in the direction of the fawn but I looked back to see her outline..still standing there. Question being, do you think I have messed this spot up? I also got spotted by a buck the night before as I walked in, he has 4 scrapes on the trail by my stand, I am sure he will be back. Do you think a couple days will let this blow over or should I just head in there again tonight?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't like being snorted at, but it seems to be the latest fad.
Big difference between being snorted at and getting snorted at followed by some stomping and running. I think you will be fine.
Me, I would give it a couple days, young deer seem to have short memories.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I am with Pydpiper.

Give it a few days Bill & then go back at it.

At least you are seeing something, I have yet to see a deer this season :shock:

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Bet a nickel to a dollar you can go right back the next day and deer will come by you!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315