Guy reaches in with hand and pulls LIVE coyote out..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Exomaxer

My Final Thoughts

Post by Exomaxer »

Last edited by Exomaxer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Don't jump the ship Exomaxer. It's just a little debate.

We all still have a loving bond here.

If you can get thrown off for what you said, then I would have been thrown off a hundred times already.

Maybe I should check my emails . . . :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I should clarify

1- not a funny video. But better than shooting it in the ass in my opinion.
2- My previous post in this thread was meant as: Hunters need to stick together or the antis will have a heck of a show to watch as we doom ourselves. We dont have to tolarate video morons though. I am not impressed nor disgusted by this video and my post was not aimed at any forum members at all. Sorry if it was taken that way.

Neil.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I REALLY didnt want to put this crappy video up at the top again, but I have contacted Exomaxer by pm, and he is perturbed by this video and what it does to the image of us as hunters, and hes right. Any non hunter (Notice I didnt say anti) veiwing this and any other video of a half-baked moron with a gun/bow(notice I didnt say hunter) making a mockery of our passion is very damaging to us. It affects us as a whole.

We need to do something about this, before 90% of the general population despises us, and those numbers carry alot of weight when it comes to us having our hunting right threatened. Our love of the outdoors is slowly being taken away. Just this week we managed to get a unethical video taken off youtube, and half a year ago, hunter outrage managed to get enough publicity to get those guys who were taking pot shots at duck caught. WE need to speak up for ourselves and hold these idiots accountable.

I was not initionally upset with this video, but the big picture is very upsetting. Thanks for shedding some light exomaxer.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I don't know . . .let me see . . .which came first . . .

Can we live without the city folks? I'm thinking we can. Can city folks live without us? No way, they would starve off in no time.

Farmers=hunters=food for city folks.

Everybody that is somebody knows farmers are the backbone of the world. 99.9% of farmers are hunters.

The only thing we need is a farmers union . . .then we control the world.

Who's with me?

OK . . .just send me some funds to start the union, OK . . .ok . . .please . . .

Seriously, I can see where exomaxer is coming from, but, I also think it's an over reaction. The arrow in the head of the deer was 50 times worse than this. Coyotes are killing people, so, not as many people will be inclined to defend a coyote.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Exomaxer

Oh Crap

Post by Exomaxer »

Last edited by Exomaxer on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

This video would have absolutly no impact on an anti, they don't hold coyotes in the same light as other animals.
I decided to run this past the only anti I know, my mother. I showed her the video of the coyote, she was determined it was a dog.. When it was yanked out and shot her head jerked back and she calmly asked me "Is that the kind of animal that ate your Grandmothers cat?" I told her it was and she simply said that she didn't realize how much they look like dogs.
Then, while we were sitting here on the couch with the laptop I opened up a few "trophy" pictures, when one popped up of a deer hanging upside down in a gargage with a bunch of grinning guys standing around it she let out a "OH GOD" and covered her face with her hands, wouldn't look at my computer again after that, I swear the woman was on the verge of tears.
Don't think that one dead animal holds higher regard to an anti than any other animal, or that the enjoyment derived from one kill is different than any other.
My Mom is kinda funny with this stuff, hunting consumes our house and she knows when she visits that she is going to be hearing stories, from me, my wife and my kids. She will even babysit for us occasionally so we can get out together, stressing the whole time that she hopes we come home empty handed.. :D
Seeing those two very different reactions sure was enlightening for me, we want to think that that coyote video is fuel for an anti, from my experience it is quite the opposite. It's all about perspective.
This has nothing to do with the actual hunt on that video, I am simply commenting on my experience with how an anti would (did) react.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

David . . .good point. I found the same here when my wife and kids viewed it.

It's my opinion that these videos still should not be posted and spread around. It's throwing fuel on the fire. These kids post this crap on utube to see how many "hits" they will get.

The more we look, the more likely we will see more of the same.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

first off I didnt realize how popular this thread would be NOT the video. Be not fooled the antis and just plain ole non hunters dont need a video to sway them one way or the other, they have chosen. For us we just must stick together. If things went to hell in a hand basket all you guys know folks like us no matter how far apart some of are opinion are would stand back to back..

Interesting food for your brain

I recently read a article that a study was done on yotes near suburban areas. ( most recent Magazine from the NRA American Hunter december 2009 issue page 50. Coyote-cat relationships in suburban areas. They radio collared a pack of yotes (8) and followed there feeding habits from November 2005 to feb 2006 for 790 hours total. Out of 45 different feeding situations that the yotes were observed feeding 42% of the time they were chompin doen on house cats or stray cats in suburban areas caught at night. Now that puts a whole new spin on Yotes and there usefullness. I myself thank them for that because there is way to many stray ferel cats living in and around the cities. I hope nobodys sweet pet had been killed but again on that pet owners that are worried about that should house there cat at night. I have a taby female and she is 7 years old. She lives outside year around and stays under the barm she is a mouser a good mouser. She has nen spayed and she has no problems surviving here in the country and I have many yotes around these parts way to many. Ferel Cats ( Strays) Wildlife populations have been drasticly impacted where ferel cats abound. Infact in Australia they are an epademic in porportion. In our area quail, rabbits, turkey, snip, and on and on all suffer. A big shout out to the yote in this case but stand by cold weathers coming when them pelts get full and pretty I will kill as many as I can..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!