She Hunts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

She Hunts

Post by Mike P »

I have a ladder stand in the back yard. It is actually in a pretty good location as it is a pinch point of woods between two areas that I mow. I am in my office at the computer reading the forum and I can see the stand. It is drizzling rain. I raise the binoculars to my eyes and focus on the frog-tog covered hunter sitting in the stand. She is eating yogurt.

She thinks I am working on the spam remodel. I started, but thought I would run in here and check the forum. That was a half hour ago. I am in the midst of putting in a farm house sink and it is fighting me. I know from experience to let it rest for a while and things may go smoother.

I should have insisted she start hunting again years ago. She was really good. She has off the chart patients and will sit motionless for hours on end. And she shoots the crossbow as well if not better then me. I am really looking forward to sharing some hunts with her but it will mean changing some strategies. She will not use a climber. So it looks like ladder stands or the ground are the only options.

There is another benefit I have discovered. I have the house to myself. I can do what ever I want. The possibilities are now endless! This is fabulous! All these years I could have transformed the house into my own supersized man cave had I known.

I raise the binoculars once again to view the ladder stand. As I focus the lenses I see the blond hair cascading from under the hood of the camo frogtogs. Then I see my Leica's being held by the hunter. She is looking at me. She raises her index finger and slowly moves it back and forth in a no no motion.

Sorry for cutting this one short.

I have to go back to the spam.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I enjoyed that Mike. :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Too funny! Sounds like the hunter became the hunted! Now back to work! Guess I need to get back to work too now that I mention it. :roll:
Why ride when you can walk!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That was funny!
I have my FrogToggs out too, someone promised I would shoot a deer today, some jazz about a 40 year old book..
It is miserable but I am gonna try anyways.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Better find a more remote location . . .next time the Excalibur may be pointed in your direction instead of the finger. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by sumner4991 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

She's got a sharp eye and you got busted! lmao :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell her Curves with Recurves is (are?) rooting for her!!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

I'm laughing too! I'm sure Pydpiper watches Mrs. Pydpiper through the binoculars from the new bedroom windows when she hunts too.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

too funny
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thats cool Mike. My wife loves to bow hunt as well. Hunt period for deer. I love taking her and seeing her reaction to the hunt its awsome to sit in the hot tub later and drink some wine and talk about the hunt..I have a stand by the house too. she doesnt get to go as much as I do so i set her up close so its fast and convienient. One of the advantages of living in the deer woods..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
maple

Post by maple »

Is there no end to the excitement and amusement of hunting? :D

If it's not one thing, it's another making me laugh. But all in all, it's invigorating to hear the trials and tribulations of other people, as long as there's no harm done. It makes me feel somewhat better about my own
mis-adventures.

Whether imposed by low water, hunting partners, or sneaky deer, you could make a movie out of this material.

I love it.

Maple
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

thats too funny. :lol: Good to hear shes out hunting
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Tint the window :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

My wife doesn't hunt, but she react the same when I try to avoid those "honey-do" jobs. :roll:
wabi
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Too funny !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

You need better camo!