Headed to western Oklahoma with smokepole..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

Post by wabi »

Don't forget the boat and the rope!
And take a video camera this time - you could be famous! :lol: :lol:
wabi
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Good Luck, Have Fun, Be Safe and Post Pictures and a Story of the BIG one you will get!!!!!!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

Hoss wrote:Not really a smokepole as smokepoles go BUT--->Encore 209x50 magnum with burris 3x9. 2.5lb trigger job and heavy hammer spring... a 245grain max sabot with 100grains of 777 and 209s. grouping 3 inches at 100..I should be able to take a 150yd shot with confidence..not bad sax but next year I will be set-up different..

first Im going to change my breech plug to a 25acp primer.less fowling and more consistent primer discharge..I will be shooting the 195 grain shockwave double sabots with 100 grains 777. I should be able to stack em then...and my range will increase..
Get with me when you get back.
I can help you in your quest.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

well geez got there and got camp set up..got to chewin the fat around the fire and my buddy who drove gets an emergency call from his wife..WE HAD TO COME HOME! oh well not the first tease that burnt me..lmao..I saw 4 bruisers and they were carrying a heck of a rack..not to worry we are returning soon as promised for the trouble....BUT my luck again we left and the deer hauler got left behind as it was the first thing we unloaded and pushed out of our way. when we got the call we just missed it. We did not discover it missin until we got home and were unloading....oh well...I think it will be there when I return because that area was very secluded...if not hope some fella gets it who really needs it..sorry for the tease.... :(
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
kennisondan

Post by kennisondan »

pretty tricky hoss .. were you worried about that secret place getting hunted while you were gone???
sorry that happened good luck in the Re Run.
dk
life guard at the gene pool