Please advise which bolts are best for my Crossbow......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

olephart

Please advise which bolts are best for my Crossbow......

Post by olephart »

Hello,
I lost the sight of my right eye from a fall off a ladder and have had to give up my compound bow, and have to learn shooting left-handed now.
Rather than 'mess' with another compound, I bought and have a new Eastman X-Force 300 Tactical Crossbow, that supposedly shoots at 312 FPS, and has a draw weight of 165 lbs, coming in tomorrow.
I need some 20" Bots for it, as only two come with it.
Should I get the Excalibur #2214 bolts or the #2216 bolts?
All of these have the flat backs, or should I look for some with the 'half moon' backs?
Also, does anyone have one of these crossbows, if so, how do they perform?
Oh, I have some Thunderhead 100's Broadheads from my Compound bow, can I use these on the bolts?
Any help would be much appreciated,
OlePhart
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i have heard of theCb but not saw or shot it. 2216 with vanes & 100 gr pt/BH weight will be around 410 grs. you may get the T-heads to shoot well out of your CB. If your CB calls fer half moons then shoot them. If flat cap then shoot that style. Excals take a flat.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
olephart

Post by olephart »

Good Idea.
I guess I'll wait till tomorrow and see what bolts come with it, and try to match 'em.
Best regards,
OldPhart
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

That is how I would see it also. I bought a package deal with my Excal and it works great. If I was going to get other arrows I would lean toward getting what they sent me if for no other reasons than it performs well and changing things like arrows etc....can mean more adjusting etc....At this point I will stick with what I know works.

Long
olephart

Post by olephart »

Terrific advise, Long,
I appreciate the prompt and courteous 'Git-Bak', mucho.
I'm really looking forward to it. We have tons of White-Tail and Axis on our little place here in the Texas Hill Country.
I only shot at one deer with my Compound bow. I got a 142, but I was hunting on the King Ranch, and should have waited and got a better one than that. Unbelievable place, the King Ranch.
Best regards,
OldPhart
Rich

Post by Rich »

I loved shooting the Thunderhead 100's in my vert bow, but when I shoot them out of my Exocet they tend to plane a lot out past 20 yards. You may have to go to a lower profile broadhead to obtain good flight pasted 20 yards.

Rich
hawg hunter

which bolts

Post by hawg hunter »

have not shot or used the Eastman bow. I can tel you that the Academy stores around San Antonio carry alot of those weight bolts w/half moon nocks;both carbon and alum. If your ever around SA look me up I live around Helotes. My cell phone is 210-854-4065 if you needhelp with your bow call. Ronnie
snapperdan

Post by snapperdan »

A pal of mine shots an eastman 500. It shoots goooood!! But it came with 22 in arrows 2219 with moon knocks.Ilove how it shoots!!!
exocet 200
equinox
ground pounder mounts
bar 338 win mag
browning auto 5
olephart

Thanks

Post by olephart »

Thanks Snapper Dan.
OlePhart