How to lock the focus ring on Excalibur Lumi-zone scope?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

greenjoytj

How to lock the focus ring on Excalibur Lumi-zone scope?

Post by greenjoytj »

My brother and I were target practicing yesterday, when I took a shot with his xbow I noticed the focus of his Lumi-zone scope was off a lot.

I compaired my Lumi-zone scope to his and we noticed that the focus ring on my scope was backed out about a 1/4" from the eye box bell, his was screwed in to touching the eye box bell.

I turned the ribbed focus ring on his scope to back it out about the same as mine while we took turns taking quick looks through the scope.
The focus improved as we backed out the focus ring.

Now that the focus is set up just the way he wants it, I was wondering how to lock in this focus setting?

On my rifle scopes there is another ring that is turned down to jam it against the main focus ring to lock in the focus setting.

How do you lock in the focus on this scope.
His focus ring turned easily, I couldn't move mine, lucky mine is focused fine for me.
08 Equinox, #1989 string, FireBolts with NAP QuikSpin ST Speed hunter vanes, 150gr. Boltcutter BH's, Lumi-Zone scope.
vaguru

Post by vaguru »

These do not lock down as some scopes do with a lock ring. It will tighten up some on its own, when the o ring settles in. If you want to "lock" it in place just wrap with a turn and a half of electrical tape. Won't move then.
Gold Tip Pro Staff
Bohning Pro Staff
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Scope covers will stop it from turning, look in to the Butler creek covers.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Pydpiper wrote:Scope covers will stop it from turning, look in to the Butler creek covers.
Easy fix, good tip.
"Eze 18:21"