Scales

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ger34

Scales

Post by ger34 »

Where can I get a set of deer scales local to Kitchener/Waterloo/ Cambridge?

We had a set like the attached pic...and...long story short...I let them drop last year and now they are about 20lbs off

they will suffice...but I would like to replace them...hopefully before next week if possible

Any ideas?
Summit Viper SS
Exocet 200
Gold Tip Laser II
4" vanes
100gr G5 Montecs
Straightshooter

Post by Straightshooter »

I just saw that one at Canadian Tire. Cann't remember the price.
ger34

Post by ger34 »

bstout wrote:The knob on the top right hand side will calibrate it back to zero.
I wish!!

Tried that...closest I can get is like 22lbs

We have a group that deer hunts a property I work at...this year...we have 2 seasons....2 guys hunting the early season and 6 or 8 hunting the Dec Season...we throw a few $$ in an envelope and then the person with the biggest deer gets the "spoils"....

Like I said....we can use the scales the "weigh" it is ( no pun intended)...but I would like to have a proper one....

IF we get another like this the first thing I am going to do is replace those stupid "S" hooks with carabiners....
Summit Viper SS
Exocet 200
Gold Tip Laser II
4" vanes
100gr G5 Montecs
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I think there is a scale place in Kitchener on Wellington just past St. Leger (between Margaret and Lancaster)? Not sure if they're just commercial/industrial, but they might be able to help you out or maybe even repair?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Send me your address ger, I will send you the one Kenton sent to me so that I could weigh myself.
Pydpiper

Re: Scales

Post by Pydpiper »

ger34 wrote:Where can I get a set of deer scales local to Kitchener/Waterloo/ Cambridge?
Princess auto, they have most of their large game weighing and processing on sale freequently this time of year. Even not on sale the prices are hard to beat, yours is right off the 401, Big Creek exit I believe.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ger34

Post by ger34 »

Thanks for all the help guys....found one tonight @ CT

FYI...the CT at Fischer Hallman and Ottawa has one of the biggest hunting sections I have seen in a CT in a long time.....

They are probably making up for the fact that Wally world next door has a total of 10sq ft of hunting stuff...rumor has it the sporting goods manager is an anti....oh well

Thanks again everyone for all your help....these things are what make the Excalibur forum the great "family" that it is
Summit Viper SS
Exocet 200
Gold Tip Laser II
4" vanes
100gr G5 Montecs