Ever notice this about hunting video clips?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ninepointer

Ever notice this about hunting video clips?

Post by ninepointer »

Picture in your mind one of those archery deer hunting video clips that you might have viewed on YouTube, etc.

Is it my imagination, or do the folks in those clips make a whole lot of unecessary movement?

You know the clips I'm talking about. The deer is slowly walking into view below the tree stand and you see the hunter moving his body around while rapidly bobbing his head up/down, left/right to get a better look at the deer. The hunter then looks back at the camera operator a few times and often whispers a thing or two. After some more shifting around, the hunter raises his bow, puts it down, then raises the bow again and finally makes the shot.

Now, I don't know about the deer where the rest of you folks hunt, but its not too often that the deer in my neck of the woods would let me get away with all that silliness :roll:.

Really, it s amazing that these fallas on video actually manage to shoot deer :lol: .
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Spect most of that junk is prerecorded. then thy splice the kill shot in.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

smokepolehall wrote:Spect most of that junk is prerecorded. then thy splice the kill shot in.
Sometimes, it definitely is ... like when the weather conditions or wind instantly changes during a scene! :P :lol:
Grizz
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Those vidioes make everything look easy. A non hunter gets the impression its a cake walk. :roll:
saxman

Post by saxman »

Our deer wont stand for all that nonsense.

You are right,I have noticed that.
I like the way they raise the bow REAL HIGH and egzagerate the draw.

I think the camera does funny things to people and their egos
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

I get busted when im not moving and the wind is in my favor! Chrispy
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

the does in my area are on to me. one slight head movement and the staredown starts. everytime they get me
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Fork Horn

Post by Fork Horn »

most of the pre and post shot shot stuff is recorded before and after the real thing happens.
“A hungry dog hunts best”
Lee Trevino

Every time you kill a coyote an angel gets a set of wings. OK, I made that up. But it should be the case.
Mike P
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »

smokepolehall wrote:Spect most of that junk is prerecorded. then thy splice the kill shot in.
Yeah... right... I suppose you expect me to believe that pro wrestling is fake too?

:P :roll:
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.

Black Vixen carved tip
hunter7558

Post by hunter7558 »

I spoke to a guy that is starting a new hunting show here in canada....cant remember the name of the show..I belive like its going to be called hunting canada?? or something like that?? anyway he tells me when they sit on stand they have a bunch of walkers pushing deer toward them, just slowly walking to get the deer moving so they see more deer and yes they do do shots after the real shot does happen and edit all the crap to make it more exciting for TV... :? i guess hunting isnt exciting enough for some people :lol: WHATEVER!
WISH I COULD SHOOT A DEER SOMEDAY!
Ottawa Valley Lad

Post by Ottawa Valley Lad »

If they didn't edit, a single episode would be several hours long. And some episodes wouldn't have deer at all. Just like when we hunt.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I sit in stands for hours barely moving -, hell, barely breathing - and these jokers are talking their heads of, pointing, joking, asking if the cameraman has a clear view. Bullspit! Our deer would be long gone.
And I'm getting sick and tired of all the "YESES!", high-fiving and overt celebration. That wasn't just a target you were blazing away at for your enjoyment. A live, wild animal just lost it's life, fool. Yes you succeeded, and yes hunting/killing is OK but keep perspective of what just happened.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Cossack wrote:I'm getting sick and tired of all the "YESES!", high-fiving and overt celebration. That wasn't just a target you were blazing away at for your enjoyment. A live, wild animal just lost it's life, fool. Yes you succeeded, and yes hunting/killing is OK but keep perspective of what just happened.
I'm with you there Cossack. It is certainly a great moment when a successful hunt comes together and naturally, its a time for congratulations. Everyone is entitled to celebrate in their own way, but often it seems to me that these video hunters forget that they have just done a serious thing. The animal deserves more respect.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
saxman

Post by saxman »

ninepointer wrote:
Cossack wrote:I'm getting sick and tired of all the "YESES!", high-fiving and overt celebration. That wasn't just a target you were blazing away at for your enjoyment. A live, wild animal just lost it's life, fool. Yes you succeeded, and yes hunting/killing is OK but keep perspective of what just happened.
I'm with you there Cossack. It is certainly a great moment when a successful hunt comes together and naturally, its a time for congratulations. Everyone is entitled to celebrate in their own way, but often it seems to me that these video hunters forget that they have just done a serious thing. The animal deserves more respect.
The camers does funny things to people
Just look at Kate Josslin.It has ruined her marrige and she wants more,she exploits her kids and she wants more.

When I was on the road,some of the groups I played with were top notch touring and recording acts that just about everyone has heard of.The lime light and cameras have changed them and not for the better.

I agree,everyone has the right to celebrate in their own way but all this whooping and hollering and stuff "TO ME" is dis respectful to the animal.
The indians paid respect to the animal,I like to do that.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011