Serving width

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longwinters

Serving width

Post by longwinters »

Well, step one.....got a STS for my exocet to try to limit vibration, protect from dry fire etc...

With my factory string the serving goes exactly to 1/2 way across each bumper. Will the serving/string life be shortened ? Currently the string is about 1/4" from the bumpers.

Also, the STS came with 2 short pieces of bow string. No directions but sounds like it is supposed to somehow help protect the string. Any ideas?

Long[/code]
PFerris

Post by PFerris »

I too recently received an STS from Bucks N Ducks.

Put it on an Equinox and it was to tight against the string. My brace height is about 1 1/8". So I had a friend turn 3/16" off the end of the rods to give me more adjusting room. Fits just great now.

The two pieces of string are serving to extend your existing serving on both sides to cover the bumpers.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I've been told you don't need to worry about the serving not going all the way past the bumper faces w/ factory strings.

Be sure to send your warranty cards in, replacement bumpers are hard to get w/o it on file. I only install mine for hunting to save on the bumpers.
"Eze 18:21"
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I should have stated my question clearer. How would you serve such a short piece of serving, with overlap and making sure it is tight enough etc...?

My stringer should come next week from H.A, then I can take the string off, and then I will have a local string maker reserve it.

Long