Bill, Kath, Team Backwoods & Mike P

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Bill, Kath, Team Backwoods & Mike P

Post by Mike P »

As some of you are aware, Bill and Kath are down here in my neck of the woods chasing big whitetail bucks with Dan Wallace and Team Backwoods. With Dan's expertise they have seen some shooters but none have followed the script and come within range as of this morning.

I was most fortunate to be invited to breakfast with Bill, Kath and the Backwoods boys this morning. I jumped at the opportunity to visit with Bill and Kath and say hello to Dan whom I have met on several occasions.

The main purpose for out visit was to discuss Excalibur Kids with Bill and Kath. I wanted to give them a status report of where we were and what were some of our future plans. As always, Bill and Kath were most supportive and offered assistance with the program in any way we deemed necessary. For those that have not had the pleasure to meet Bill and Kath let me tell you that these two are "off the chart" wonderful and caring people. You may love the crossbows they produce, but take my word for it, once you meet them, you will love them even more then the wonderful product they produce.

Please forgive me for this blatant and transparent exercise in name dropping. But where Excalibur Kids is involved, I have no shame. I will use any and all means within my grasp to keep the Excalibur Kids program in front of you.

We still need mentors! We need you to take a child hunting. There are so very many single moms out there with sons and daughters that have no father figure in their lives. So many of these children would jump at the chance to experience the outdoors but have lost hope of ever fulfilling that dream. You can make it possible! Find that child.

If you find that child, we will help. You will not be going it alone. But we need you to make it happen. Won't you please join us in this cause?

You have the ability to make a difference in a child's life.

And in the process, you will also change your own.

[email protected]

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Bill and Kath's willingness to put their company and reputation behind an effort to promote a work for the sake of children says a whole lot about them.

Glad you got to meet them! :D
Grizz
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Yes Mike, I have also met both Bill and Kath and indeed they are wonderful folks.

It's good to see that you're all smiles. It takes a big man to take on a tall task, such as you have done. Judging from your pic, I can see that you're both, big and tall. Why should I be surprised, after all you do come from Texas. :wink:

Keep up the good work.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Canabow

Post by Canabow »

Sounds like a great cause. Nothing better than letting a kid experience the great outdoors.
Equinox
FF String
Cheekpiece
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

Wow, they do grow them big down in Texas! I cant believe the size of your hands, hate to run into u in a dark ally lol.:lol:

I think it is just great what you are trying to do fo r the kids.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
Normous

Post by Normous »

All looking good in that photo. Your right about Bill and Katherine. I remember my first few visits to Excalibur in 1991. Both were very willing to assist me in all ways to get my first Exocet and hunting clothing sorted out.

The 9 year old twin girls next door have asked me to take them deer hunting. With their parents permission Patti and I will take them out soon to spend a half day in the woods. It is our wish that they might develop a further interest in hunting. Everytime I bring some game home I find them ever so curious when I skin and butcher the animals. It would be an honour to do so.

Here are my little hunting buddies.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

hetichunter wrote:Wow, they do grow them big down in Texas! I cant believe the size of your hands, hate to run into u in a dark ally lol.:lol:
I am the runt of the litter.

All my brothers are bigger. :D
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

enormous wrote:
The 9 year old twin girls next door have asked me to take them deer hunting. With their parents permission Patti and I will take them out soon to spend a half day in the woods.
Outstanding Norm!

Let us know if you need anything.

[email protected]
Normous

Post by Normous »

Thanks Mike, we are all set. I'll gather a few things I can donate soon.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I to have met both Bill and Kathy and was very impressed.
Our local town council was trying to ban hunting outright and they took the time to attend our meeting and put on a fabulous presentation.Im a firm believer that i still have that right to hunt in the township of lincoln because of Bill and Kathys presentation.
Thank you
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Great Picture Mike! When you see them again could you ask them to come to Tennessee so a few of us can meet them?? I would Travel anywhere they are going to be in Tennessee just for the Privilege to meet them!! Thank You! Keep up the Great work you all are doing!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
saxman

Post by saxman »

That must have been cool to meet and break bread with them.I envy you.

Thanks mike for you tireless efforts on behalf of Excalibur Kids.
I'm bringing this back to the top.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Those are some great pics, guys. Kudos to all!
"Eze 18:21"