Excalibur Ibex

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pun'kin Slinger

Excalibur Ibex

Post by Pun'kin Slinger »

I just received and assembled my Excalibur Ibex last night. I can't wait to shoot it today.

Anyone else have the same crossbow?

Pun'kin Slinger
Pun'kin Slinger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

My wife does, it is an awesome bow! If I was an inch or two shorter I would be shooting one as well.
Enjoy the Ibex!

Whats with you screen name? Are you a punkin chucker? My son and I have begun construction of a 12' long 8" cannon.

Welcome aboard!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Congratulations on your new Bow! Keep us updated on how you like it 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Pun'kin Slinger

Post by Pun'kin Slinger »

Pun'kin slinger is slang for a black powder muzzle loader that shoots round balls. I shoot a .50 caliber Hawkins and always shoot patched round balls. Most of the black powder shooters use the conical bullets for hunting.
Pun'kin Slinger
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Pun'kin Slinger wrote:Pun'kin slinger is slang for a black powder muzzle loader that shoots round balls. I shoot a .50 caliber Hawkins and always shoot patched round balls. Most of the black powder shooters use the conical bullets for hunting.
Sure didn't see that coming.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Pun'kin Slinger wrote:Pun'kin slinger is slang for a black powder muzzle loader that shoots round balls. I shoot a .50 caliber Hawkins and always shoot patched round balls. Most of the black powder shooters use the conical bullets for hunting.
A man after my own heart! Welcome to the forum! Ever hear of 'Dutch Schoultz? He sells a cheap course on how to get extreme accuracy w/ patched ball, which I've had great luck with.
"Eze 18:21"
bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

You're gonna love that Ibex. It's a joy to carry & shoot. Have killed several squirrels, two deer, and one turkey with mine this year. Plenty of neat extras to deck it out with, though mine is bone stock except for the muskrat fur string puffs, which do work pretty well to take out the twang. Hardly silent, but hasn't mattered much.

I too shoot punkin balls only from my flintlock. It will likely be the only firearm I'll do any hunting with from here on out.
lscha

Post by lscha »

WELCOME Pun'kin Slinger! I just got my first deer with my beloved Ibex. I love this bow!!!
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
crabclaw

Ibex

Post by crabclaw »

I got the Ibex also your gonna love it !
2 shots 2 doe in the freezer! this year so far . hunting for horns now.
Good luck to you
Equinox
Ibex
Big John custom bolts

slick tricks