Where Are the Buckeyes?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Where Are the Buckeyes?

Post by Mike P »

Unclefester has the pedal to the metal. Team Dryfire is applying some pressure. And Team VA has scored big with Crazy's buck. Why even those girly hunters are on board thanks to Laura. All this begs the question be asked. Where Are the Buckeyes?:shock:

The old man of the team wabi seems to be putting in a yeomen's effort. He has the team on board with a doe but that is the teams lone score. Why he even has trail cam pictures of a buck that he is now targeting. But those two antler addicts from up North in the state are conspicuous by their absence! Is there a big upset in the making?:wink:

As we enter what is close to the half way point for many members' seasons, I think I may just have to revise those Las Vegas odds. :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Remember the story of the race between the tortoise & the hare?
Sometimes slow & steady is the winning approach. :wink:
wabi
PFerris

Post by PFerris »

I am sure when the rut kicks in full swing later part of next week the buckeyes will come to life. I know I will.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Alittle update on the Northern most buckeyes. Buck 52 is on our radar. We have a VERY good bead on him. He is being pressured very very hard. We are getting close:) I figure we have about ten more good days at him. We have had a young buck parade infront of us the last two weeks. Just can't shake the 2 year olds right now. We have Wabi keeping up his end of the deal though! Just maybe we can take some wieght off his shoulders....
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Well it sure seems like the author of this post might have a little too much free time on his hands since he decided to actually shoot a buck this year. LOL

I see three reasons the season is not going great so far.

1) There is still a boatload of standing corn around and most of the bucks we are hunting are just holding tight.

2) We just don't have many deer in these parts. :wink:

3) This last week has been very hectic for me as I was traveling to paris and london marketing my new "Doe Stalker" outfit at various fashion shows.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Kenton, Mike shouldnt have tagged out so early. He's bored and likes to pester us.. but we wouldnt have it any other way though :D :lol:

buck 52 will say enough when he's down though :lol:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

You guys are completely correct!

What was I thinkin pullin the trigger on old gray face!!!

I just don't know how to act now, the rut is on and all I do is spam remodeling while the Swede is out there watching all the bucks run.

I have learned my lesson, next year I will return to my usual January arrow release. :lol:

And Kenton I would like to place an order for your new fashion line. I think it will make me look "slimmer."
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

LOL... make that 2 orders. Thats the new casual camo
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

The church socks aren't shown in the picture but are included in every order.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Mike P wrote:You guys are completely correct!

What was I thinkin pullin the trigger on old gray face!!!

I just don't know how to act now, the rut is on and all I do is spam remodeling while the Swede is out there watching all the bucks run.

I have learned my lesson, next year I will return to my usual January arrow release. :lol:

And Kenton I would like to place an order for your new fashion line. I think it will make me look "slimmer."
I tagged out opening day once back in the '80s. Haven't made that mistake since.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire