Muzzleloader I decided on. With all your help, Thank You!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Muzzleloader I decided on. With all your help, Thank You!!!!

Post by dick195252 »

Image I want to thank you all for the valuable and knowledgeable information you supplied me! I decided on this weapon.{Knight Wolverine 209 50C With a Bushnell 3X9X40 scope} I paid $190.00 to my door, [With this price my Wife will NOT make me sleep in my treestand :lol: ] I want to give a special Thank You to Ray Daugherty, Dale[Huntone on the forum} for answering all my stupid questions in PM'S i sent to them!!! Kelly last but not least for directing me to where i could find this weapon with Great service!!! I will be sighting this in Thursday morning!! AGAIN THANK YOU ALL :D
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Dick, you asked me what ML I shoot and I told you but what I didn't tell you was that my very first "modern" ML was a Knight Wolverine. That thing was deadly with 80grains of Goex black Powder and a 240 grain Hornady bullet that I told you about. I know that Knight will serve you well for many years to come. Enjoy :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Thank You for all your Help my friend!! Since i retired 2 years ago I do not have the Luxury of buying top of the line anymore! But I will give that up for the Freedom I enjoy :D
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

That will get it done just as good as the rest of them Dick..congrats buddy
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

dick195252 wrote:Thank You for all your Help my friend!! Since i retired 2 years ago I do not have the Luxury of buying top of the line anymore! But I will give that up for the Freedom I enjoy :D
That ML will shoot up with ones that cost 4 or 5 times as much as you paid for just the ML. This is the best deal on a quality ML I have ever encountered.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
philman

Post by philman »

I bought a MK-85 12 yrs ago and it still shoots good. Knight makes a great rifle. Make sure you put some lube on that breech plug......they tend to get stuck inside the breech. NICE GUN PAL!:D
bucont

Post by bucont »

I see you to have scored a new ML...congrats. Knight was one of my choices as well. Looks great good luck with it.

What are your plans for the load?

I am looking at 250gr sst back by 100gr of 777. I'll see how that preforms at the range. I had to shoot pyrodex in the Traditions, it just shot better than the 777. Funny deal these ML, some guns just preform better with certain loads.

Enjoy!
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Passthru

Post by Passthru »

Nice!

Check out Blackhorn 209 powder and see if it will work with your primer setup. Great stuff. I'll never go back to 777 or Pyrodex in my inlines.
saxman

Post by saxman »

A friend had one of those and was sorry he sold it.
It would shoot anything he stuffed down it and was deer deadly accurate.

I shoot the BH 209, great stuff
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

You will love it. One tip is to shoot it a lot so you get the feel of it. So many shoot one maybe three times and stop.
huntone

Post by huntone »

You are very welcome Dick. :D

I know you will enjoy shooting that Knight. 8) :wink: .........incidentally,
my first muzzleloader, and I still have it and shoot it, is a " Knight T-5",
a very early Knight, from 1991.

I'm here if you need assistance friend. :D
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

bucont. I have a little inside edge on this! Kelly has the same weapon and gave me what he found shoots best so i am starting out with his setup 100 grain tripple seven pellets, 200 grain spire point Shock Wave Sabots and we will see how this old Marine can make her shoot :lol:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I've had great luck with that same combo. I like the 250gr shockwaves better though
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

That ML will knock the snot right out of them. One thing- when reloading after a shot, keep the barrell pointed away from your face. It is easy to to forget. There might be a hot ember down in there. If it encounters your powder it could cause it to flash and burn you. I too have a Knight rifle. Two bucks and neither took a step.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
mikew

Post by mikew »

There's another forum that may interest you folks if you really get into these inlines:
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com

It's friendly like this Excal site too.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new inlines & we look forward to seeing pics of the harvests to come!.

-Mike